ABA , Washington, United States
The Program Associate supports the Asia Division of ABA ROLI in implementing rule of law programs. The role is expected to be involved in several programs in various Asian countries, covering issues such as judicial independence, labor standards, freedom of religion, access to justice, and human trafficking. The Program Associate will also assist in the development of new programs, particularly in relation to budget development. This role would suit someone eager to play an administrative and operational role within an international development organization, particularly in an organization promoting the rule of law and human rights. Relevant paid or voluntary experience would be an asset, particularly in a grant-funded organization and/or in an administrative role with financial and budget-related components. The role involves substantial administrative responsibilities and mastering complex regulatory requirements quickly while effectively communicating with partners, and staff in the USA and Asia.
- Implements one or more programs and/or projects, including participating in program and project planning
- Ensures implementation of programs and projects conform to ABA policies.
- Analyzes project/program performance throughout the process to measure progress against the project/program plan
- Serves as a point of contact for projects and communicates with member leaders and staff on project status
- Accountable for successful execution of assigned projects
- May provide advanced administrative support functions in support of projects and/or major work groups
- Performs other related duties as required
- Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Possession of basic skills in Microsoft Office, Microsoft Excel, and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Previous experience working in an office environment
- Preferred qualifications:
- Experience adhering to and preparing budgets, processing contracts and expense reports, organizing events, writing reports, or similar work
- Excellent planning and organizational skills, and attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to undertake administrative and logistical tasks, follow procedures, keep on top of a lot of different tasks for several projects, and adhere to regulatory requirements
- Excellent English language and numerical skills
- Deep commitment to the rule of law and an interest in the Asia/Pacific region
- Applicants must submit a CV and cover letter with their application.