Accountant (nonprofit experience required)
ThinkWell , Sublimity, United States
Do you believe that everyone deserves access to affordable, quality healthcare? Are you driven by creativity, bold ideas, and disruptive innovation? Are you inspired by exceptionally talented, diverse, impact-oriented colleagues? Do you thrive in a dynamic, high-growth, fast-paced environment? Then consider a job with ThinkWell.
ThinkWell is a growing, flexible health systems organization, with both global influence and local grounding. Our focus is on driving transformation in the global health space by always questioning and disrupting conventional wisdom about what works or what can or cannot be done. We develop solutions tailored to a client’s context and political realities and do not replicate global models and all-purpose solutions and believe in pragmatism over ideology. We know that to drive change, we must focus on how the world could be, rather than making excuses for the status quo.
The Accountant reports to the Manager, Finance and Accounting and provides in-house expertise in a specialized area of Finance. The Accountant is responsible for supporting the Manager, Finance and Accounting with preparation of monthly financial analysis reports, budgets, and cost allocation for ThinkWell Institute, a non-profit organization, and field office support. This position is responsible for payroll, benefits, reporting & compliance. The Accountant will oversee the processing and data entry for accounts payable, deposit entries, reconciliations, and other accounting duties.
This position is fully remote and can be based anywhere within the United States.
- Ensure accounting activities are recorded in appropriate systems to ensure accurate reporting
- Follow the company’s established accounting processes
- Record payroll for ThinkWell Institute in a timely and accurate manner
- Support payroll for global ThinkWell entities & offices
- Month-end allocations & cost reporting
- Prepare Journal Entries
- Reconcile & balance general ledger accounts
- Assist with and prepare documentation for third party financial audits
- Monthly General Ledger Account Reconciliations and Adjusting Journal Entry Processing
- Cash Flow Reporting
- Month End Reporting
- Support all Accounts Payable Specialist duties
- Bank Reconciliations
- Provide support for field and domestic programs by conducting live meeting training on financial systems (Timekeeping/Expense Reporting) and processes
ThinkWell core values are our fundamental organizational guiding principles. They define our corporate culture, influence our behavior at work and help us achieve our mission. Our values are:
Think bigInfluence the conversation Empower others Be exceptional Always question Relate authentically Evolve by learning**
ThinkWell core competencies are foundational skills and behaviors that align with our values and are expected of all employees.
An entrepreneurial, results-oriented ‘do-er’ with a willingness to take risk, think big and challenge conventional wisdom.
A change maker who reaches independent judgement with an open mind, influences the conversation, and seeks innovation.
Able to help create an empowering environment in which everyone feels free to take initiative, be accountable and fail intelligently (learn from mistakes).
A collaborative colleague who engages constructively with people from different cultures, orientations, and perspectives and maintains positive relations in a virtual world.
Principally motivated by a growth mindset, meaning the pursuit of knowledge, experience, and self-improvement. You always question and continuously learn.
Authentic, honest, direct, self-aware and open to giving and receiving feedback.
- BA/BS and 5+ years experience or graduate degree and 3+ years experience;
- Relevant work experience in the specific area of technical expertise. Adept at communicating technical information to non-technical audiences;
- Strong understanding of GAAP and accounting principles;
- Intermediate level experience with QuickBooks and Microsoft Office Suite;
- Experience with Nexonia and Tipalti is a plus;
- Non-Profit Accounting experience required;
- A team player, motivated to provide subject matter expertise with a collaborative, customer service orientation;
- Demonstrated ability to complete tasks quickly, thoroughly and conscientiously with attention to detail and a responsive, ‘can-do’ attitude;
- A thoughtful systems thinker with grounded, pragmatic understanding of the complexities of our work;
- Demonstrated ability to engage effectively with external vendors and stakeholders;
- Full English fluency, second language a plus;
- Outstanding cross-cultural communication skills, including the ability to relate respectfully with staff at all levels, ages, genders, nationalities and orientations as well as across work areas.