Bridge International Academies, Telangana, India
Who We Are
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
About the Role
The Accounting Associate is a part of the global accounting team providing support and assists with the coordination of the financial accounting and reporting activities for operations across our International companies in US, UK and Africa. Accounting associates will be guided by Accounting Officers
What You Will Do
The Accounting Assistant is a part of the global accounting team and is responsible for accounting activities which includes but not limited to the following:
- Perform accounting functions as assigned including, but not limited to book, reconcile and report financials.
- Back-up month-end duties assigned to other Accounting Officers.
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts (including making journal entries, accruals, and prepayments)
- Responsibility for the monthly management accounting for several newly created entities if any.
- Responsibility to ensure all deadlines are met in each country (reporting/tax)
- Oversee monthly payroll payments and journal entries.
- Monthly review of each entity/branch P&L and Balance Sheet
- Preparation of monthly, quarterly and year-end financial reporting.
- Investigation and analysis of costs to resolve queries from the business
- Responsibility to take the lead in project work to improve overall financial processes/functions/reporting (Group)
What You Should Have
Qualification, Skills and Experience
- Must be expert in GL function/Accounts Payables / Accounts Receivables
- Must be detail oriented and accurate in managing Financial Data
- Receiving and responding to vendor enquires and reconcile vendor account statements and assists in other general accounting duties
- Supplier statement reconciliations, aged creditor reports and pending item reviews as delegated by Supervisor
- Should be well versed with excel
Required / Preferred Qualification
- Graduate with accounts/commerce/finance background.
- 1-2 years of relevant experience in GL, Accounts Payables, Accounts Receivables, Accounting
- Freshers with first class marks in
- B. Com, MBA, CA, ICWA candidates may be considered
- Should be a team player. Ability to learn and adapt quickly.
- Must be detail oriented.
- Must be flexible with shift timings as per business requirement.
- Good communication skills, good command of spoken and written English
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a startup or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.