Admin and Logistic Assistant
CTG, Banghazi, Libya
CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
UNFPA Libya is actively involved in the humanitarian response in Libya as well as some development programs, supporting provision of women and girls’ health and protection services, including reproductive health and psychosocial support as well as Gender-based violence prevention and response. To support the program implementation in Benghazi and to strengthen the logistics capacity of the growing humanitarian programme, UNFPA Libya CO will be hiring an Admin/Logistics Assistant in Benghazi.
Under the overall guidance of the International Operation Manager and the Admin/ Logistics Associate and direct supervision of the SRH/ GBV program Specialist, the Admin/Logistics Assistant provides logistics, administrative, and secretarial support, maintaining full confidentiality in all aspects of assignment; maintenance of protocol procedures, information flow and follow up on deadlines and commitments made.
Role objectivesThe Admin/Logistics Assistant performs logistics, administrative and secretarial support for the humanitarian activities in Libyafrom the Benghazi sub-office in order to support with goods and services the well-functioning of the humanitarian response in particular to the Women and Girls Safe Spaces and the health facilities in the East. The Admin/Logistics Assistant also provides organizational functions of the office in terms of providing effective communications support between Tripoli, Tunis and Benghazi and management and logistical support for the overall program in the East. With the support of the Admin/ Logistics Associate, the Admin/Logistics Assistant provides the necessary information to Tripoli and Tunis and the field in order to follow-up and forecast procurement and transport.
Supports optimal communication flows between the offices in Tripoli and Tunis, Benghazi and the field, on humanitarian logistics, procurement, vendor profiles, market research of goods and services, including reproductive health, dignity and hygiene kits.
- Communicates with external counterparts at the direction of the Admin/ Logistics Associate, through effective use of written, verbal and electronic communication;
- Collects quotation for goods and services, supports the evaluation of bids and submits them for review and selection by the authorized official or committee, as per UNFPA procurement procedures.
- Assists in the distribution plan of emergency services and goods in cooperation with the Admin/ Logistics Associateand the SRH/ GBV program specialist in Benghazi .
- Supports arrangement of the storage of humanitarian goods as necessary, follows-up and reports on inventory management and distribution, in cooperation with the Admin/ Logistics Associate;
- Supports the Admin/ Logistics Associate and the Shipment Tracker focal point for:- The timely and accurate reporting of all inventory transactions (e.g., physical receipt, put in warehouse, handover and disposals / adjustments);
- The timely and accurate reporting of locally procured goods;
- Carrying physical inventory spot-checks with Implementing Partners managing UNFPA goods and commodities in the East.
- Logs and routes incoming and outgoing documents to the office staff for action; reviews and ensures conformity to the Fund’s guidelines and procedures of all outgoing correspondence submitted to Programme Coordinator;
- Drafts logistics related correspondence, documents and reports ensuring that spelling, punctuation and format are correct; drafts and finalizes responses to routine matters; (in English or Arabic as relevant)
- Maintains an office filing system and assists in archiving, and maintains up-to-date electronic mailing lists;
- Backs-up and is backed-up by Admin/ Logistics associate, ensures continuous communication;
- Attends logistics related meetings in Benghazi as relevant.
- Takes minutes and/or notes, as required; prepares informal translations and may act as interpreter, as required; and answers and screens calls with tact and discretion;
- Performs any other duties, as may be required.
Internal partners include the Libya programme teams, other staff in the Country Office. The Assistant also works in close collaboration with the programme team and operations team to resolve procedural and administrative issues.
External partners include project implementation partners, NGOs, local authorities and other agencies including UNHCR, OCHA, UNICEF, WHO, WFP and IOM.
- Reporting to the Projeect Manager
- Education : Bachelor’s Degree in Administrative Science, Business or Public Administration, or other related field
- Experience : 4 years of experience in logistics and/or administrative functions
- Language : Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic
- Computer Skills : Proficiency in current office software applications and web based management
- Skills and Competencies
- Knowledge of custom protocol is an asset.
- Experience in stock management is an asset.
- Experience in procurement is an asset.
- Familiarity with UN procedures and working methods is an asset.
- Knowledge of Atlas/PeopleSoft or other ERP application is an asset.
- Working experience with an international organization is an asset.
- Achieving Results
- Being Accountable
- Developing & Applying Professional Expertise
- Thinking Analytically & Strategically
- Working in Teams/Managing ourselves and relationships
- Communicating for Impact
- Functional competencies:
- Provide logistical support
- Managing data, documents, correspondence and reports
- Managing information and workflows
- Planning, organizing and multi-tasking
- Criteria Weight Max. Point
- Technical competencies 70
- Relevance to the educational requirements and type of experience. 15
- Proven technical knowledge/expertise in the field of experience in logistics and/or administrative functions 25
- Experience in INGO/NGO management. 15
- Demonstrated experience in coordination and team management 15
- Financial (Lower Offer/Offer*100) 30
- Total Score Technical score 70 + 30 Financial
this role doesn't require management field