Admin Finance/HR manager Latin America
HI , Honduras
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Handicap International is changing his name and becomes « Humanity & Inclusion ». HI, Humanity & Inclusion is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in 62 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association:
The socio-economic crisis led to the collapse of previously existing services and protection systems. The current humanitarian crisis is large-scale and the need for international assistance is enormous. In the medium term, inflation is expected to continue to rise in the coming months, leading to increased poverty, deteriorating living conditions, increased food and drug shortages, increased deaths caused by health system failure, and paralysis of trade and education. The power cuts that began in March and have affected hospitals, public transport, water and other services are expected to last for the next month and further worsen the national economic and social crisis. The crisis hits especially the most vulnerable groups of the population, i.e. those who often have no choice but to stay in their country, such as women, children, the elderly and people with disabilities.
Description : Currently, Humanity & Inclusion works through local partnerships with a budget of 1.3M EUR, to respond to the specific and essential needs of people with disabilities and/or psychological distress. The operations are funded by two main donors: CDCS, and ECHO. While the structure is mainly constituted of expatriates for the time being, nationalization will be one of the requirements for the coming months.
Under the responsibility of the Regional Finance Manager, the Finance Manager has the mission to ensure the management of Finance, Administration and Human Resources for the country. He/she ensures compliance with the legal framework and internal rules of the organization, taking into account the specificities of the program.
He/she coordinates and stir-forward, collaborating with the Country Manager, the entire financial and human resources area of the organization in Venezuela so that resources are optimized for the benefit of our cooperation actions, and that they flow, ensuring respect for legal obligations, the rules of donors and the internal rules of the organization.
1/ Contribute to the implementation and improvement of the country financial, administrative and HR set-up.
Objective: To help meet the organization's strategic objectives.
Measures: Quality and timeliness of the information processed, relevance of the way in which the information is handled, relevance of the first level of analysis.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of the country strategy alongside the Country Manager based on informed decisions:
• Closely monitor the evolutions of the financial and administrative context of the country mission to ensure proper management and implementation of HI operations;
• Analyze the current financial and administrative situation and define, alongside the Country Manager and the Regional Finance Manager, solutions and priorities to successfully achieve HI objectives and commitments;
• Prepare and timely submit strategic information and formulate recommendations or actions forward to the Regional Finance Manager and the Country Manager;
• Contribute in the identification and development of funding proposal and in the grant management activities;
- Support the implementation of projects within the country national framework:
• Reinforce the finance & admin team to ensure continuity and close follow-up of HI actions in the country;
• Contribute to the development and maintenance of contractual relationship with local partners and counterparts.
• Ensure the development and application of essential Finance & HR procedures and policies for the mission.
2/ Monitor the financial resources of the country mission and ensure compliance with accounting and financial commitments.
Objective: To ensure proper financial management in line with internal procedures and in accordance with established deadlines;
Measure: Effectiveness and efficiency in the implementation of the program's financial strategy, efficient use of the organization's resources, respect for financial deadlines, quality of financial safety indicators.
- Improve quality, exhaustiveness and timeliness of the accountancy for the country mission:
• Prepare and follow an accounting and finance calendar in accordance with the program's financial strategy;
• Follow-up and build a culture of compliance for partners´ budget, reports, and expenditures;
• Coordinate the verification of expenditures on a monthly basis to ensure proper allocation and costs eligibility;
• Monitor expatriates costs and ensure proper allocation on all budgets for Venezuela;
• Adapt and ensure implementation of the funds commitment procedures;
• Establish internal control procedures for accounting, treasury and finance;
• Supervise bank management and validate transfer payments;
• Supervise the annual sending of accounting documents to headquarters;
• Plan, prepare and accompany external and internal HI audits (in collaboration with the PD);
• Validate treasury budget for headquarters disbursements.
- Ensure the monitoring of expenditures and update of the financial forecasts to comply with both HI and its donors´ requirements:
• Alongside the Finance Admin team, the Project Managers and the Operations Coordinator, prepare, update, and validate adjustments of the annual budget for the programme;
• Ensure that each budget holder has received adequate training to manage his or her budget and correctly code expenditures;
• Ensure respect for headquarters and donor deadlines for financial reporting;
• Validate financial reports for institutional donors prepared by the Financial Officer and budget proposals and amendments for donors (prepare them when necessary);
• Develop monitoring indicators for financial management when needed;
3/ Management of the administrative team and Support to local partners
Objective: To develop the autonomy and performance of the team and accompany the local partners.
Measure: Satisfaction of subordinates with team management; quality of evaluations performed; compliance with HI procedures and policies, turnover of staff; quality and consistency of decision making.
- Ensures necessary communication synergies and supports managers
- Manage direct contractual relationships (holidays, end of probationary period, evaluations); if needs arise, co-validate disciplinary measures with the program manager and consult the regional HR and HR Reference;
- Monitor the team's career development: define training needs and provide guidance on professional development
- Identify the skills of the staff to be reinforced and establish a training plan and abilities development plan
Carry out PAIs and evaluations of employees under their direct responsibility (in collaboration with the CM) and follow up on the implementation of the model at all levels of the mission
Support to partners:
• Provide training and technical assistance to local partners’ administrative staff on financial management and accountability tools and processes, in accordance with donor requirements and local regulations.
• Ensure control over the management of the partners and validate the contractual framework between HI and the partners. Ensure advice to members on all financial matters;
4/ Ensure the efficient management of human resources for the program, adapting HI's policies, processes and regulations, seeking the fulfillment of the strategic vision of the region, maintaining an ideal human talent to the needs of the program
Objective: To implement the strategy of human resources and administrative management of the staff of the program in respect of the legal obligations and of the association.
Measure: quality of defined HR processes and tools, respect of HR processes, quality of management of work contracts, quality of remuneration elaboration.
- Lead the development of the HR national policies, especially in terms of salary, remuneration and benefits, social policy, staff development, training, archiving, induction and recruitment, according to HR standards and local specificities
-Implement, manage and update training policies remuneration policies, social and medical policies (including staff representation) in respect of local legislation and what is established by HI.
-Define the processes of recruitment and induction, appraisal and career development in collaboration with the regiona HR and the Country Manager.
- Contributes towards the professional development of his/her team members: sets individual objectives, ensures
that the know-how and motivations of his/her staff meet the organisation’s needs;
-Ensure monitoring of the evolution of labour law and practices (including those of other NGOs);
-Ensure the management of health coverage, when applicable;
-Secure the organization of HR briefing of new employees and retraining for those who require this update
-Ensure the administrative management of contracts for works and services of national staff, including the archiving of national and expatriate HR folders;
-Ensure the application of HI HR procedures in terms of team management (evaluation, disciplinary measures, etc.);
-Accompany and inform team leaders about HR issues, including conflict management and the administration of disciplinary procedures for national staff;
-Contribute to the definition and ensure the application of the rules of procedure and the CGE of expatriate staff;
-Inform the staff about the internal regulations and the specific conditions of expatriate engagement;
-Ensure transmission within the time limits of data relating to salary payments to expatriates;
-Support th CM in the communication with the headquarters / regional level for the daily management of expatriates and the transmission of information.
-Take care of and follow up on visa and residence permit requests/renewals;
-Update HR indicator tables to be sent to headquarters annually;
-Ensure the management of expatriate medical evacuations and the management of accidents (minor and serious), as well as legal and financial implications in collaboration with the Country manager and headquarters.
- Design the payroll tool for local staff salaries, ensuring comprehensive accountability on HR costs according to HI and donors requirements.
- Analyze any risks that might incur in relation with Human Resources management (human, social, legal, financial, or in terms of image for the organization), make sure that the risk and its analysis is properly reported to the Country Manager and advise on further actions.
5/ Ensuring compliance with the administrative and legal framework of the program
Objective : to protect HI's presence from legal problems
Measure : Comply with French/Belgian legal requests and legal requests from the country of mission ; comply with the framework defined by HI
-Ensure the archiving of HI's legal documents;
- Oversee the process of registration of the organization in the Country and related issues (subscription to Social Security System, request for tax exemption, etc.);
-Ensure compliance with legal needs (HR, log, administrative, financial, etc.), relying on the hire of local experts when necessary (lawyers, labour inspectors, etc.);
-Ensure with the logistics team that equipment, vehicles and facilities are properly insured;
-Contribute to maintain the coordination with NGO groups, taking part in network activities on legal and HR issues when required;
To ensure the follow-up of the agreements with the partners and their compliance with internal rules and those of the donors.
- Master's degree in Management/Accountancy/Finance
- At least 3 years of relevant work experience in areas such as, finance management, office/business administration in NGO, private or government sectors;
- Proven ability to develop staff and provide training on systems and procedures
- Ability and willingness to travel to Venezuela when the context allows itKnowledge in transformation projects (simplification, management change, Manager 2.0, etc.)
- Institutional frameworks (policies, directives, standards)
- Share and knowledge of HI’s vision, mandate, values and strategy
- Donor frameworks and rules
- Command of Spanish, French and/or English
- Command of IT tools (including advance-level Excel and Word)
- Length of the contract: 12 months
- Employee status, according to experience :
- Salary from 2757 € gross/month regarding the experience of the candidate
- Perdiem : 423,54€ net/month
- Hardship allowance: 250 net/month
- Insurances : medical hearth coverage, retirement planning, repatriation
- Paid holiday : 25 days per year
- R&R : 5 days every 3 months
- Status : unaccompanied
- Housing : Collective taken in charge by HI