Palladium, Yangon, Myanmar
Administrative Assistant (Part Time Position)
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is recruiting an Administration Assistant (part - time) for a new DFID programme which aims to strengthen Myanmar's health system.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The purpose of the Administration Assistant role is to support the smooth operation and security of the programme offices & operations; the effective recruitment, performance, wellbeing and security of programme staff and consultants; and to ensure value for money in procurement.
- Office Administration;
- Establish and maintain Office Administration systems;
- Assume receptionist duties and make travel arrangements;
- Manage facilities and supplies for in-house office meetings and workshops including clerical support to workshops;
- * Provide logistical and administrative support to the programme team; arrange internal and external meetings/appointments, arrange hotel and transport bookings;
- Ensure regular maintenance of repairs and office utilities to ensure effective and continuous office operations;
- Develop and manage office inventory of hardware and equipment, updating the list from time to time to ensure adequate inventory.
- Ensure timely procurement and replacement of office supplies, consumables, and office beverages;
- Develop, manage and oversee relationships with service providers and suppliers;
- Draft contracts with service providers;
- Track contracts with service providers and suppliers to ensure timely delivery of services;
- Ensure a monitoring system is in place for procurement to ensure all service provision is transparent and quality controlled, and ensure the programme continuously obtains best price and value for money.
- Maintain accurate bookkeeping tasks and management of petty cash under the supervision of the Finance & Compliance Manager;
- Liaise with Palladium Security Manager to ensure all approvals are given advance of travel; ensure staff from overseas have received all security briefings; and to keep abreast of relevant security updates to be communicated to the programme team;
- Serve as security focal point for staff and consultants.
- Co-ordinate recruitment of local long-term staff, as well as short-term national consultants;
- The Finance and Compliance Manager reports into the Finance & Compliance Manager.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, finance, or related field;
- Knowledgeable in office administration and bookkeeping procedures;
- Proficiency in MS Office (particularly Word and Excel);
- Proficient in use of general office equipment.