WHO - World Health Organization, Cairo, Egypt
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROGRAMME
Located within the RDO, the mission of Compliance, Risk Management and Ethics (CRE) is to systematically identify risks, and by topic area, maintain a risk register record, evaluate it according to its likely impact and probability and actively have it managed by risk management owners. The CRE will seek to periodically review, assess and integrate internal control compliance into all policies and managerial decisions. The CRE will promote and uphold the highest organizational standards, codes of conduct and core values. The CRE will liaise independently with internal parties cross the different levels of the Organization, developing and presenting to the Regional Director its annual work plan of delivery of compliance and risk management across the Region.
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES
The incumbent will perform the following duties:
Risk Management related tasks:
- Provide support and assist in the coordination of risk assessment and risk reporting with Budget centers
- Administers EMRO and BudgetCenter risk registers on a periodic basis as required by WHO policy.
- Provide support and assist in trainings provided to Budget Centers on risk management topics and Risk Management processes
Compliance related tasks:
- Prepare and perform compliance controls on selected organizational processes and areas such as inter alia Procurement, Human Resources, Programme Implementation modalities, Finance and Budget and Travel.
- Administer the issuance and creation of periodic reports to BCs and EMR Senior Management on compliance
- Assist and actively cooperate with Budget Centers on analyzing and consolidating compliance data and statistics, identifying bottlenecks and proposing corrective measures
- Assist in preparing draft policy and procedural guidance
- Prepare presentations and documents in support of compliance analysis, reporting, process improvement and organization outreach
- Arrange and assist in periodic presentations on compliance matters to all staff and budget centers
- Maintain the compliance sharepoint and intranet site
Perform any other assigned duties.
Achievement Activities Include:
- Advise colleagues about possible solutions, to various compliance and risk management issues.
- Effective review and analysis of various transactions and reliable financial reporting.
- Sound advices on administrative and project/programme management information and GSM workflows and processes.-
- Contribution to the development of enhanced guidelines and procedures to facilitate effective work processes.-
- Contribution to the efficient work results
- Essential: Completion of secondary education supplemented by additional training in accounting, audit, risk management, governance and/ or compliance.
- Desirable: University degree in finance, business administration, social sciences, law or related field is an asset
- Essential: At least 8 years' experience in administrative management, audit, internal control and/or compliance
- Desirable: Relevant experience in the UN system. Knowledge of internal control and risk management concepts, methods and techniques. Experience in developing, monitoring, assessing, and managing compliance and risk management programs
- Excellent knowledge of WHO rules, manuals, practices, procedures and general accounting principles
- Experience and expertise in the design and use of accountability mechanisms.
- Excellent analytical skills with strategic focus.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including strong skills to interact with tact and diplomacy.
- Ability to maintain good working relationships with colleagues and other stakeholder
- Respecting and promoting individual and cultural differences
- Producing results
- Moving forward in a changing environment
Use of Language Skills
- Essential: Expert knowledge of English. Expert knowledge of Arabic.
- Desirable: Intermediate knowledge of French.