Amministratore di progetto - Project Administrator – Iraq
INTERSOS is an independent humanitarian organization that assists the victims of natural disasters, armed conflicts and exclusion. Its activities are based on the principles of solidarity, justice, human dignity, equality of rights and opportunities, respect for diversity and coexistence, paying special attention to the most vulnerable people.
Terms of reference
Job Title: Amministratore di progetto - Project Administrator
Duty station: 50% Tikrit, 50% Erbil
Starting date: 01/01/2021
Contract duration: 10 months
Reporting to: Programme Manager (technically to the Country Finance Coordinator)
Supervision of: N/A
Dependents: Non-family Duty Station /non-accompanied
General context of the project
INTERSOS is operating Salah Al Din governorate since 2017 with Protection, Health and Education projects. Currently INTERSOS is implementing i) a Protection programme (specialized case management; psychosocial support and individual psychological counselling; legal advice and assistance, including representation in court; monitoring of protection and population profile); ii) a health project in Shirqat, Samarra and Balad to support the Ministry of Health on the COVID-19 prevention and response system through the creation of a pre-triage mechanism, the provision of IPR and CPI materials, training of health personnel and awareness raising in the target areas; and iii) an educational project in consortium with other national and international organizations and under INTERSOS Lead in Samarra and Balad districts.
The specific objective of the project is to re-establish and improve the access of girls and boys to safe educational spaces, in the presence and/or through distance learning. The initiative aims to reintegrate girls and boys in a learning path attentive to specific needs, school progress and psychosocial well-being.
General purpose of the position
The Project Administrator is responsible for the administrative implementation of the project. It is a position based 50% in Tikrit to support the implementation in coordination with the Programme Manager and Education Manager and 50% in Erbil to be the administrative and liaison point between the Programme and Finance departments. The 100% dedicated Project Administrator will be under the direct supervision of the Salah Al Din Programme Manager, will answer technically to the Country Finance Coordinator, and will be responsible for providing formal donor requests, statements, contracts, translations, in close collaboration with the Programme Manager.
Main responsibilities and tasks
- S/he interacts, limited to project activities, with donors and institutional actors involved; is/he acts on the basis of the guidelines provided by the Programme Manager or the Coordinator/Vice Coordinator of the Finance Department.
- S/he is responsible for the direction and economic-financial management of the entrusted project and all phases of its implementation, ensuring the compliance of the project with donor's and INTERSOS requirements and fair management of resources.
- In coordination with the Program Manager, prepare and follow up with key stakeholders the administrative aspects of the Memorandum of understanding related to the project, ensuring full compliance with INTERSOS and donor's standard.
- Elaborates, manages and monitors the economic-financial planning based on the funds received from the donor;
- Guarantees compatibility and compliance with budget constraints and procedures provided by INTERSOS and the Italian Cooperation;
- S/he is responsible for the management of project funds and bank account management;
- In coordination with local partners and project staff, s/he supervises the purchase of all goods, works and services needed for the project;
- S/he is responsible for all project documentation until the end of the project and its delivery to the Program Coordinator or Head of Mission, obtaining a detailed delivery receipt;
- S/he is responsible for the proper administrative management of the project and supervises and controls the preparation of the accounting documents for the interim and final financial reports requested by donors;
Required profile and experience
- University Degree in Administration, Political Sciences, Finances
- Minimum 1 year of relevant work experience in the economic/financial management of emergency and/or co-operative projects;
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Previous experience in the management of projects financed by the Italian Cooperation;
- Languages: excellent knowledge of English and Italian (written and spoken)
- Excellent capacity of analysis, observation, deepening and processing of documents;
- Excellent ability to establish inter-personal relations and good communication skills;
- Ability to work in a team and to integrate into an Italian and international work team;
- Ability to act with confidentiality, tact and diplomacy;
- Commitment and adherence to the values, vision and mission of INTERSOS