Analyst for Medical Equipment
The United Nations Office for Project Services (UNOPS) is an operational arm of the United Nations, supporting the successful implementation of its partners' peacebuilding, humanitarian and development projects around the world. UNOPS supports partners to build a better future by providing services that increase the efficiency, effectiveness and sustainability of peace building, humanitarian and development projects. Mandated as a central resource of the United Nations, UNOPS provides sustainable project management, procurement and infrastructure services to a wide range of governments, donors and United Nations organizations.
Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of Project Coordination Officer, the Analyst for Medical Equipment is responsible for the Medical Equipment related services and functions to support UNOPS in managing its operations. The Analyst for Medical Equipment promotes a collaborative, client-oriented approach consistent with UNOPS rules and regulations.
The Urgent Support for the Healthcare System of Ukraine project aims to contribute to the efforts of the Government of Ukraine to enhance capacities for qualitative execution of activities in the area of health and medical care. In order to support the capacity of the Ukraine health services, UNOPS will procure and deliver medical equipment, which will greatly assist the Ukrainian authorities and enable an effective and efficient provision of medical assistance to patients.
Under the direct supervision of the Project Coordination Officer, the Analyst for Medical Equipment will undertake the following tasks/duties:
- Review technical specifications for medical equipment that is subject of procurement, confirm compliance with the project needs and provide recommendations for improvement if needed.
- Engage with the recipients to clarify technical matters and solicit their opinion on the equipment to be delivered.
- Assess the probabilities for integration of the new equipment into existing medical systems.
- Perform technical evaluation of proposals for the supply of medical equipment.
- Determine compliance of the bids in accordance with the technical requirements detailed in the Solicitation documents.
- Provide highlight reports after each stage of engagement.
- Perform quality assurance upon the delivery of the goods.
- Perform related duties as assigned by supervisor
EDUCATION: First level university degree (Bachelor’s or equivalent), preferably in Health Services, Business Administration, Logistics, Economics, Management or other related discipline is required.
- Minimum two years of relevant professional experience in the evaluation and technical assistance in preparation of tender documentation for medical equipment is required.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2010 and/or newer versions) is required.
- Demonstrated experience in the application of international procurement processes for the purchase of medical equipment is required.
- Knowledge of the United Nations procurement rules and regulations is desirable.
LANGUAGE: Fluency in English is required. Working level knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian languages will be considered as an asset