Area Support Manager
Norwegian Refugee Council, Syria
Area Support Manager - Syria
Norwegian Refugee Council
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors.
The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world’s largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
In the Middle East, NRC has over 3000 staff dedicated to assisting people affected by conflict in Jordan, Syria, Lebanon, Iraq and Palestine. Its humanitarian interventions are based upon its programming expertise in the Core Competencies of Shelter, Education, Water and Sanitation Hygiene, Food Security, along with Information Counselling and legal Assistance (ICLA) to forcibly displaced people.
The Syrian Crisis is well into its eight year, but the level and intensity of conflict in the country remains high. Humanitarian and protection needs continue to grow inside of Syria as a result of the ongoing conflict and consequent complex emergency situation in which displacement is both massive and widespread.
The purpose of the Area Support Manager position is to ensure that all support functions are providing high quality and efficient support to programme implementation.
The Support Manager will have responsibilities that include:
- Linemanagement for support staff such as Finance, HR & Admin and Logistics (incl. ICT)
- Compliance with and adherence to NRC policies, guidance and handbooks and donor/auditor requirements
- Facilitate the support functions’ strategic input to the development of theCountry Strategy and Plan of Action
- Provide input on operational support in proposal development, and coordinate and align operational support with programme plans
- Responsible for ensuring quality support to project implementation.
- Facilitate the Master Support Budget, country level budgets and BPO development, including assess and monitor costs and resource allocation needs
- Responsible for the strategic development of country structures, technical systems, human resource capacity and allocation
- Responsible for development of new country specific technical SOPs, guidelines and tools
- Responsible for organisational learning related to programme support
- Responsible fortechnical capacity building of support staff