Asia Coordinator – Labour Rights Host
Society for Labour and Development, Delhi, India
Position: Asia Coordinator – Labour Rights Host
Organisation: Society for Labour and Development is a national labour rights organization in India.
About the project
This project focuses on enabling and accessing statutory rights related to labour, networking regionally and internationally, research and documentation, and coordination of civil society partners -- within a broad area of ensuring labour rights in global supply chain industries.
The Asia Coordinator – Labour Rights, based in India, will coordinate with partners in Asia; build a legal network, aimed at enabling workers to access statutory rights related to labour in global supply chains; link up internationally; and produce high-quality evidence-based reports.
• Coordinate with partners in Asia and build a network that enables statutory access to labour rights in global supply chains
• Coordinate research and documentation; prepare briefs, reports and presentations
• Map civil society stakeholders, build alliances and collaborative efforts
• Develop advocacy road maps
• Manage a team across countries
• Monitor deliverables and expenses for the project; write reports as and when necessary
• Good knowledge of MS Word, Excel and the Internet; more skills a plus
• Support in other programs as and when required by supervisors.
• Master’s degree (e.g. social sciences, development studies, international relations/law, industrial relations) or 5-year Law Degree and knowledge of labour laws
• At least 5 years of professional experience, including in areas relevant to this position such as legal practice and/or human rights documentation and/or independent research projects
• Experience working with civil society organisations and key affected communities
• Experience in team management and coordination
• Knowledge of labour rights and global supply chains/global value chains
• Excellent communication skills in English
• Excellent writing skills as required in the publishing world, and for external reports and papers
• Excellent inter-personal and team management
skills Compensation offered: Rs. 70,000-75,000 consolidated monthly salary, negotiable based on experience;
travel and accommodation will be covered Please send 1) CV, 2) writing sample, 3) current and expected salary to email@example.com. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Deadline: