Asia Displacement Solutions Platform (ADSP) Specialist
DRC , Dhaka, Bangladesh
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC), one of the world’s leading NGOs, with a focus on responding to displacement, have been registered in Bangladesh since 2013. In 2017, in response to the Rohingya influx, DRC launched an integrated program of support to the government in site management, shelter/NFI and protection. In 2018, DRC started implementing aid projects in support of the host communities most affected by the influx of refugees. As a key part of this, DRC opened a main office in Cox’s Bazar, and a support/liaison office in Dhaka.
The incumbent will drive the projects and direction of the ADSP sub-regional platform. They will report to the Regional ADSP Manager, who is responsible for overseeing all projects and staff connected to this initiative.
The Specialist is expected to lead the development and management of sub-regional projects, coordinate closely with partner agencies, and provide line and technical management of staff/consultants as additional functions become possible through fundraising. Within the initiative’s framework, the Specialist is expected to take the lead in developing and coordinating research, policy and advocacy initiatives, and to support the application of that learning to practice.
This role is expected to be based in Dhaka, Bangladesh and the incumbent will be responsible for projects connected to Rohingya displacement. The Specialist will work closely with an ADSP Officer in Dhaka, and the ADSP Manager and Officer based in Kabul, Afghanistan.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
Work of the sub-regional platform
· Support the day-to-day functioning of the platform including ensuring smooth communication and cooperation between all stakeholders.
· Ensure internal information-sharing at the country and regional level
· Develop work plans for each of the primary components
· Monitor work plans and budgets, and if relevant, supervise staff and consultants
Research and Knowledge Management
· Facilitate and organize regular consultation/technical workshops and learning events/meetings on key issues of interest and catalyze change at policy and practice levels
· Coordinate the implementation of research and knowledge management agendas
· Work closely with the appointed technical leads for each of the three components
· Ensure cross-learning and coherence between the different countries and at regional level, and between partners and other stakeholders
· Quality control of publications
· Gather and disseminate relevant data, information etc. to key stakeholders of the initiative
· Ensure active engagement with civil society actors and displacement-affected communities to:
ensure their participation and support for regional initiatives
Support development of and dissemination of learning tools
Organize learning events
Policy and Advocacy
- Proactive engagement and coordination with relevant stakeholders
- Proactive engagement in regional platforms such as ASEAN, Bali Process, BIMSTEC, AICHR.
- Support existing forums and members to engage with governmental and inter-governmental actors on displacement and durable solutions for Rohingya refugees.
- Ensure continued engagement with key players on displacement and solutions in the region
Roles reporting to this position
- No direct reports, but will supervise an ADSP Officer
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Minimum 3-5 years of relevant experience in a similar role.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant working experience in analysis and reporting
- Excellent interpersonal, diplomatic and negotiation skills with high level of flexibility in a challenging and fast-moving multicultural environment.
- Excellent organizational skills and ability to determine priorities and respect deadlines.
- Proven experience in report writing.
- Expertise in coordination.
- Experience working in complex and volatile contexts
- Ability to build and maintain effective relationships with senior representatives of INGOs, IOs and government structures.
- Thorough understanding of protection issues.
- Strong experience of financial management and donor compliance processes.
- Knowledge of key tools used by donor agencies, such as logical frameworks, results chains, results-based management, and financial administration systems.
- Ability to work and travel within the project locations.
- Fluent in spoken English and strong writing/reporting skills in English.
All employees are expected to demonstrate DRC’ five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while aiming for innovation.
- Communicating: You listen and speak effectively and honestly.
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with DRC’s vision and values
- Type of contract: National/Expatriate
- Employment Band: G
- Start date: As soon as possible
- Duty station: Dhaka
- Closing Date for Application: 23rd December 2020