Associate Digital Officer (e-Commerce), IICA-1 (UNOPS)
UN High Commissioner for Refugees, Copenhagen, Denmark
UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency, is seeking an Associate Digital Officer (e-Commerce), IICA1 (UNOPS) within the Digital Engagement Section of Private Sector Partnerships Services (PSP), home-based position.
UNHCR is a global organization dedicated to saving lives, protecting rights and building a better future for refugees, forcibly displaced communities and stateless people. Every year, millions of men, women and children are forced to flee their homes to escape conflict and persecution. We are in over 134 countries, using our expertise to protect and care for millions.
- Title: Associate Digital Officer (e-Commerce)
- Duty Station: Home-based
- Duration: 01st March 2020 – 31st December 2020
- Contract Type: International Support, IICA 1 (equivalent to P2)
- Closing date: 21 February 2020
PSP has been operating for over 10 years, working globally with different UNHCR regional and country offices and conducting a variety of activities to fulfil one simple primary purpose: maximize private sector funds while spreading awareness and advocating for a greater understanding of the refugee story, growing a global community in support of refugees and UNHCR
The Digital Engagement Section sits under PSP (Private Sector Partnerships) within the department of External Relations (DER), and serves departments within DER and the wider organisation.The increased engagement of digital supporters is at the heart of UNHCR’s private-sector fundraising strategy. The digital engagement team creates, builds, and promotes digital solutions for all UNHCR’s audiences including the public, partners, refugees, governments and colleagues to change the way UNHCR communicates and engages through digital technology and channels.
The Associate Digital Marketing Officer (e-Commerce) will work on a number of projects managed by the Digital Engagement Section, contributing to the team's development of highquality digital solutions to address the needs of our core target audiences. While contributing to projects serving a range of audiences. The role of the Digital Engagement Team is to transform the ways in which UNHCR engages with its target audiences across digital platforms, this role will manage the existing digital fundraising platform "iRaiser", offer support to PSP offices on optimization projects, new requirements, rollout new features, keep the offices well informed of platform changes and ensuring that the platform is fully functional. This role will also promote the awareness of payment capture, payment analysis, e-commerce security, and ensuring that UNHCR PSP offices are following the best practices in the payment industry.
Duties and responsibilities
Reporting to the Digital Marketing Officer, this role will ensure to deliver the following requirements:
• Inspecting landing pages, product information, checkout options, and all other pertinent website-related systems to ensure their visual appeal, accuracy, and ease of use.
• Ensuring that price points, currencies and payment options are configured correctly in the backend and displaying correctly on the donation landing page.
• Reviewing the security of checkout pages and payment procedures.
• Reviewing copy and legal disclaimers to verify their accuracy.
• Meeting donors' expectations by recommending changes to the campaign landing pages, peer-to-peer and crowdfunding platforms.
• Collaborating with appropriate stakeholders to ensure the rollout of website changes.
• Coordinate onboarding projects to rollout country instances of the global e-commerce solution internally within UNHCR and external suppliers.
• Administering payment performance across all operational country offices to accomplish organizational targets, identifying areas of improvements for converting website visitors into donors.
• Support different offices using the digital fundraising platform with various tasks including bug reporting, optimization requests, fixes, updates.
• Provide training/access to UNHCR colleagues on the digital fundraising platform and producing relevant training material.
• Support with donor care requests for technical troubleshooting on the donation fundraising platform.
• Produce a monthly update report on new releases and functionalities made available to the offices through the digital fundraising platform.
• Providing support for strategy development and sales performances.
• Research e-commerce best practice and latest trends on market level from identifying new payment methods, to donation page layout to ensure the organization is following the latest in the field.
Monitoring and Progress Controls
• Objectives and KPIs will be set and monitored through regular meetings with the direct supervisor of the role.
• Timely response on offices' requests, questions and requirements.
• The provision of a high-quality support to PSP and national offices.
• Production of a performance monthly report.
• Meeting deadlines for assigned tasks.
• Completion of tool trainings and providing adequate access to colleagues as necessary.
Essential minimum qualifications and professional experience required
• Minimum of an University degree (equivalent of BA/BS) in Marketing Management, Business, Information Systems, or related field.
• Minimum 3yrs (and 2yrs for Master’s degree holders) of relevant experience in combination the relevant university education.
• Extensive experience with practices and techniques related to selling webservices (digital fundraising is an added value).
• Knowledgeable about consumer/donor behavior and preferences.
• Organizational, teamwork and quality assurance skills.
• Data analysis and report writing abilities. • Sound knowledge of website management and e-commerce usability.
Desired qualifications and professional experience
• Experience or familiarity with digital fundraising, marketing, digital communications and/or social media.
• Experience with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Dreamweaver).
• Experience with Campaign Builders (iRaiser), CRM databases (Salesforce), e-mail marketing tools (Selligent), analytical tools (Google Analytics) and Payment Gateways (Worldpay, Stripe, PayPal, GoCardless), would be an advantage.
• Second language (Spanish or French).
• Background or interest in refugee issues and/or international relations.
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
• Excellent written and verbal English skills. • Excellent use of spreadsheets for trakcing data.
• Good administrative skills.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
• Research and troubleshooting skills.
• Excellent problem-solving skills with attention to detail.
• Presentation skills.