Bridge International Academies, Telangana, India
Bridge partners with governments, donors, and parents to ensure that every child has access to an education that develops her full potential and creates the foundation for prosperity for the country. We are dedicated to supporting teachers, empowering school leaders, and ensuring every child has the learning support needed to master the national syllabus and have the confidence to succeed in a competitive world. Each of our project or country teams are supported through expertise and programming from additional offices around the world, combining world-leading expertise in core design areas with locally resident leadership and execution. We leverage experts, data, and technology in order to support and scale every aspect of quality education delivery. Bridge managed and supported schools are technology enabled and data driven to ensure accountability in the classroom for both teachers’ performance and children’s learning.
The Bridge model delivers significant learning outcomes at large scale by combining technology and customized learning materials. At Bridge, we believe innovation and technology can transform learning. Our model – which uses technology to deliver thoroughly researched and carefully designed daily lesson guides to teachers in our academies – is proven to increase learning outcomes for children. We are a solutions-driven, implementation-focused organization, using design principles to work in varied and often highly constrained contexts to ensure learning outcomes and positive development for children. Working in regional and national scales is important to us, as empowering entire generations of children with core knowledge, skills, and confidence is what builds the foundation for a peaceful and prosperous future for us all.
Our mission is to provide our pupils with a life-changing education and we believe that every child should have a right to world-class education regardless of her family’s income. Core to our approach is the conviction that every child can learn, as long as the school she attends is committed to her development and puts her needs to learn at the forefront of all decisions. We have seen teachers and children transform and excel in both government and private schools that we support and manage.
We invite you to join this incredible endeavor that is having world-changing impact across multiple continents. You will join a team of dedicated change-makers committed to ensuring that each decision we make keeps a child’s experience of learning as its guiding principle.
The objective of the Academics group is to drive student achievement. To do so, we must know -- what is happening minute-by-minute for the typical child. The student’s daily experience, and thus the path to achievement, emerges from their relationship with the teachers and the content that is delivered in the classroom. Our team is collaboratively organised around these levers. We develop rigorous content pitched at the right level for students to be delivered by a teacher who is prepared to succeed in the classroom. Our Instructional Design department builds the content; our Leadership & Development department trains teachers and school leaders using scientifically-proven techniques; our Learning Innovation department looks at cutting-edge research to generate breakthrough learning gains. Underpinning all of this is the work of the independent Measurement and Evaluation group, which provides Academics with an empirical orientation toward improving that daily experience and, in turn, driving achievement.
About the Role
We are looking for a full-time Project Associate to join our team based in Hyderabad.
This team uses our native application - the "scheduler” - to program our academic calendars, timetables, and exams. This encompasses nearly 150 periods in 11 different grade levels across the six countries we operate in. The team also oversees the on-time submission and upload of the lesson plans used to drive learning for pupils in classrooms in every grade level; for context, there are more than 110,000 files to upload and schedule in the coming year.
We need someone who excels at details: someone who can successfully ensure that the roughly 2,100 lessons taught each week are delivered to the right place at the right time, in pristine condition. In this role, you’re accountable for ensuring digital instructional materials arrive safely in the hands of every Bridge teacher.
What You Will Do
- Use the tool known as the ‘Scheduler’ to program the timetables on which our academies run, as well as details pertaining to exams
- Assure error-free programming through careful quality assurance work
- Oversee the collection and organization of ~2,100 files each week
- Uphold a steady stream of communication with Instructional Design department to ensure they are aware of and prepared to meet routine deadlines
- Train new members of the Instructional Design team on how to properly format word documents and work inside Xyleme, the content management system we use
- Ensure successful upload of all files in time to allow for academies to download all content at least a week in advance of lesson delivery date.
- Maintain a content management system that allows for easy access to all files
What You Should Have
- 4-year college degree or equivalent
- Proficiency with Excel
- Acute attention to detail
- “Puzzle person” with an affinity for solving logic problems
- Ability to communicate concisely and clearly
- Desire to operate in a structured environment and to iterate on an organized and efficient system.
- Ability to execute tasks at a rapid pace without sacrificing quality of work (errors are few and far between)
- Constant desire to look for ways to improve existing systems. “Good enough” is never good enough for you.
- Working knowledge of XML, Content Management Systems, and Information Management Systems a plus
- 1-3 years postgraduate work, candidates with experience in a technological support role will be highly preferred
- A detailed doer – You have a track record of getting things done. You’re organized and responsive. You take ownership of every idea you touch and execute it to a fine level of detail, setting targets, engaging others, and doing whatever it takes to get the job done. You can multi-task dozens of such projects at once and never lose sight of the details. Likely, you have some experience in a start-up or other rapid-growth company.
- A creative problem-solver – Growing any business from scratch comes with massive and constant challenges. On top of that, Bridge works in often fragile, sometimes volatile low-resource communities and with complex government systems. You need to be flexible and ready to get everything done effectively, quickly, and affordably with the materials at hand.
- A relentless advocate – The children we serve and teachers we empower never leave your mind. You know them, get them, have shared a meal with them (or would be happy to in the future). You would never shrink back from shaking a parent’s hand or picking up a crying child, no matter what the person was wearing or looked like. Every decision you make considers their benefit, experience, and value.
- A malleable learner – You believe you can always do better. You welcome constructive criticism and provide it freely to others. You know you only get better tomorrow when others point out where you’ve missed things or failed today.
- A data-driven decision-maker – When making decisions, you don’t rely your intuition alone. You collect data, you analyze it and make decisions with clear justifications.
- A curious investigator – You ask why a lot. You don’t just take what you see and accept it. You wonder why it is that way, and are aware that the world we see is created by human choices and actions – and it could be different. You wonder, and see the world as wonderful even when you want to change a part of it that is unjust.