CTG Global , South Africa
Overview of position
Our client (Hart International) is looking for a Bid Specialist who will be responsible for the compilation of bids from Expression of Interest through to delivery to the client. This role involves researching, preparing, writing, managing and submitting all necessary information required for Requests for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), all other tenders; Pre-qualification Questionnaires (PQQs) Expressions of Interest (EoIs) and responding to post tender clarifications issued by clients. He/she will constantly seek new opportunities using a variety of methods including business development and monitoring relevant websites/portals.
- Responsible for producing articulate and informative proposals containing a well-defined overview of Hart’s technical and managerial capabilities for prospective clients.
- Researching, preparing, writing, managing and submitting all necessary information required for Request for Proposals (RFPs), Requests for Quotes (RFQs), Requests for Information (RFIs), other tenders PQQs, EoIs, Post Tender Clarifications and keeping all bid collateral up to date.
- Conduct research on proposal related costing, items, companies, competitors, etc. as required.
- Involvement in additional research matters in relation to business development, as required by COO.
- Develops and maintains resource status reports ensuring that timelines are met.
- Provides support and guidance on resource procedures, best practices, tools and methodologies.
- Maintains library of records, archives and proposal performance database for all company submitted proposals, EOIs, profiles, bios, presentations, marketing materials, etc. to date.
- Complete a Lessons Learned debrief to identify gaps and reasons for unsuccessful bids.
- Controls the distribution of proposals and related documents – considered company confidential documentation.
- Provides recommendations to the Senior Bid Manager and COO on proposals.
- Any other duties as specified by the Senior Bid Manager and COO.
- Project reporting
- No direct reports.
- Key competencies
- a. Formal qualification in Communication/Business/English desirable.
- b. Commercial skills – commercially astute with sufficient understanding of commercial practices, capable of leading in production of technical and commercial bids analysis.
- c. Communication skills – demonstrable oral and written English communication skills; capable of developing cogent, well analysed papers/presentations.
- d. Organisational – must be able to plan bids effectively.
- e. Time Management - manage time efficiently to ensure that multiple/conflicting deadlines are met.
- f. Strong interpersonal skills – articulate and capable of negotiating.
- g. Administrative Skills – strong Microsoft Office especially Word and Excel.
- h. Graphics skills highly regarded.
- Experience and Knowledge:
- a. 3 - 5 years of experience required in a similar proposal development position.
- b. Ability to maintain strong working relationships with all levels of personnel at Hart and group companies in order to ensure accurate information provided in all proposals.
- c. Requires the ability to oversee the work of others, as well as managing expectations and project deadlines.
- d. Must be able to multi-task, grasp complex concepts, collaborate with subject matter experts and ultimately present solutions effectively in written and visual format.
- e. Preferable to have experience in business development or project management.
- f. Technical writing experience an advantage.
- g. Knowledge of the security industry an advantage.Team management
Team management is not required for this role.
The candidate should be already based in Cape Town.