Business Development/Proposal Recruiter
DT Global, Washington, United States
DT Global is a fast-growing international development organization that focuses on improving the capability, capacity, and effectiveness of development programming in complex global environments. Working across a variety of sectors – including Economic Growth, Environment & Infrastructure, Governance, Human Development, and Stabilization & Transition - we provide world class program management, design, analysis, and monitoring and evaluation services.
Built on the strengths, knowledge, and 50+ years of experience from AECOM International Development, Development Transformations, and the Global Peace and Development Charitable Trust, we have a global ecosystem – including a non-profit partner, the DT Institute – working together to develop cutting edge solutions to the world’s most pressing challenges. With corporate offices in the USA, Spain and Australia, in addition to project field offices in over 90 countries around the world, DT Global implements projects funded from a wide array of clients, including USAID, EU, DFAT, NC, MFAT, DFID and other public and private stakeholders. We value learning, research, and rapid program adaptation in response to changing realities on the ground. Together with our global team of experts, we are building technical capabilities across sectors in order to deliver high-quality interventions and transform lives around the world. For more information please see: www.dt-global.com .
DT Global is seeking a Recruiter to support business development proposal recruitment activities. The Recruiter will provide support to DT Global's Business Development teams as part of the competitive bids and proposals process for institutional donors. This role will support recruitment efforts on open and upcoming bids for potential program staff – key personnel and core staff. The incumbent will also assist in the development of recruitment resources and guidelines specific to USAID and other funding sources; they will also be responsible for identifying and on-boarding consultants for proposal development and other Business Development Unit needs. The ideal candidate will excel at working in a fast-paced deadline driven environment; they should be solution-oriented and thrive in a team environment where collaboration is key.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Recruit talent for donor-funded (primarily USAID) proposals and projects; full lifecycle recruiting to include; developing recruiting strategy, sourcing candidates, drafting advertisements, screening resumes, scheduling and conducting interviews, checking references, drafting offer letters, and negotiating compensation packages
- Extending job offers and collecting the relevant documents.
- May assist with drafting the staffing sections of the proposal, partnering with technical development staff in drafting summary statements highlighting the team’s technical expertise and experience
- Assist proposal teams in developing appropriate staffing plans according to proposal requirements
- Ensure compliance with all governmental and client employment specifications, as well as DT Global’s policies and procedures
- Experience with using Taleo or other Applicants Tracking System (ATS)
- 5 years of recruiting experience, MUST have at least 3 years of business development/proposal recruitment experience in international development, preferably USAID proposals
- Should have previous experience recruiting in one or more of the following practice areas: economic growth, governance, agriculture, environment and infrastructure, stabilization and transition.
- Experience designing and implementing sourcing and recruiting campaigns to identify country nationals, expatriates, and third country nationals for strategic positions
- Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with online networking tools, such as LinkedIn, Devex and experience conducting searches on recruitment databases and ability to identify and access new professional networks required.
- Participating in recruitment events, such as career fairs, preparing information packets, and gathering information from suitable candidates.
- Ability to learn compliance requirements and best practices for recruitment and hiring;
- Ability to research and learn employment law for various countries within the regions supported by this position
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and the ability to work with diverse teams and handle many tasks simultaneously, often with inflexible tight deadlines
- Ability to communicate clearly and professionally with internal clients and external candidates, both verbally and in writing
- Must be able and willing to travel internationally on short notice
- High-urgency and creative candidate sourcing experience
- Experience with compensation and employment rules and regulations under US Government- funded activities
- Experience living or working in a developing country
- Foreign language fluency in French, Spanish or Arabic
- TEAMWORK: Works cooperatively and effectively with others to achieve common goals. Participates in building a culture characterized by inclusion, trust and commitment.
- COMMUNICATION: Effectively conveys information and expresses thoughts professionally. Demonstrates effective use of listening skills and displays openness to other people's ideas and thoughts.
- ADAPTABILITY: Adjusts planned work by gathering relevant information and applying critical thinking to address multiple demands and competing priorities in a changing environment.
- CUSTOMER/CLIENT FOCUSED: Anticipates, monitors and meets the needs of customers and responds to them in an appropriate and responsive manner.
- DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION: Conveys respect for diverse individuals and perspectives; models inclusive behavior and treats everyone fairly.
- PROFESSIONALISM: Displays appropriate and ethical behavior, integrity and personal presentation in the workplace always; demonstrates respectful communication for others, both verbal and non-verbal.
We thank all applicants for their interest. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
DT Global, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, gender identity, or national origin. DT Global, LLC prohibits discriminating against employees and job applicants who inquire about, discuss, or disclose the compensation of the employee or applicant or another employee or applicant.