Business System Analyst, P3
WFP , Roma, Italy
WFP seeks candidates of the highest integrity and professionalism who share our humanitarian principles.
Selection of staff is made on a competitive basis, and we are committed to promoting diversity and gender balance.
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Are you passionate about improving finance, budget and programming applications that will enhance the way we operate and will benefit thousands of beneficiaries? Are you ready to change and save the lives of the world's most vulnerable people? If yes, this opportunity is for you!
At WFP, we are looking for a hardworking Business System Analyst, P3 in Rome, Italy who will be involved in supporting the Resources Management (RM) WFP Information Network and Global Systems (WINGS) Helpdesk Team ensuring continuous and efficient WINGS system maintenance and improvement for finance, budget and programming applications, and act as senior process specialist for payments, payroll and treasury functional areas.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
As a Business System Analyst, you will be responsible for:
Manage the FINS WINGS Helpdesk requests pertaining Treasury, Payments and payroll functional areas:
Provide first level support to the help desk requests, providing user guidance on processes and system functionalities and answering the FAQ;
Analyse systems bugs reported by end users, coordinating and supporting the implementation of the relevant fixes;
- Analyse change requests, document requirements and design system changes coordinating the relevant implementation with IT department in line with application maintenance procedure;
- Periodically provide status report of the outstanding requests;
Act as Bank Communication Manager, maintaining WFP corporate disbursement systems and channels:
ensure the continuous alignment of the communication channel with SWIFT standards coordinating system upgrade with IT department;
maintain the configuration of the payment file formats to the local payment regulation of the different countries where WFP operates;
- implement the SWIFT disbursement channel in new country offices in line with the organization strategies and the finalization of banking agreement between WFP corporate banks and the organization;
- implement new electronic payment type (e.g. mobile wallet, electronic cheque) in line with the banking market evolution;
- monitor the BCM disbursement channel to ensure payment files instructions are properly delivered to WFP corporate Banks (Ecobank, Citibank, Standard Chartered Bank), and statements are received, following up with the bank technical teams when issues occur;
Maintain the PASsport and Atlas payroll posting WFP Information Network and Global Systems (WINGS) interfaces parameters:
- maintain the Entitlements mapping tables are properly updated and in line with WFP accounting requirements;
- maintain the application custom tables to ensure the latest Organizational unit structure is always reflected;
- ensure disbursement methods configuration and access rights to payroll sensitive data are maintained in line with WFP requirements and delegation;
Support FIN corporate project initiatives and digital transformation initiatives acting as Treasury and Payroll Senior Process Experts, ensuring the integration of the initiatives with the Corporate financial ERP.
Coordinate and be responsible for the Administration of WFP disbursement systems, BCM and corporate EPS:
- Ensure the assignment of user access rights to disbursement functionalities worldwide in line with WFP bank signatory matrix and in line with segregation of duties;
- Enable and disable bank accounts in the disbursement system, ensuring the bank accounts are entitled in the different disbursement platform in line with the latest corporate cash pool structure
- Maintain under each account the relevant disbursement limit, in line with disbursement needs of the country office and with the financial risk mitigation strategy requirements;
Deliver training to the FIN staff on financial processes and system functionalities using different modalities (remote training, recorded webinars, E-learning and on-site classroom) and write user manuals;
Build support capacity within FINS unit, ensuring Local Process Experts of the units are trained on the new solutions deployed and can act as backup.
Maintain and develop further the Treasury and Payroll reporting tools (Staff Cost Variance report, treasury ABAP queries, Payroll open items Dashboard) to ensure the different reports are always aligned with the organization changes
Any other duties, as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Advanced University degree in Finance, Business Administration, Accounting or related fields, or First University degree in the same subject(s) plus specialized qualifications and/or equivalent relevant work experience
- At least 5 years of experience in the implementation and support of SAP/ECC Finance modules, in particular Accounts Payables, Treasury, Funds management, Payroll and their integration and the related financial reporting tools;
- At least 5 years of postgraduate progressively responsible professional experience in the area of finance and treasury.
- Experience in project implementation methodologies, standards, tools and techniques.
Language: Fluency (level C) in English language. Intermediate knowledge (level B) of a second official UN language: Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian, Spanish, and/or WFP’s working language, Portuguese.
Knowledge & Skills:
- Knowledge and working experience on SAP systems and SAP modules, in particular: Finance Accounts Payable, Cash Management, Treasury Risk Management and payroll;
- Knowledge of SAP systems and SAP modules related to budget and procure to pay processes: Material Management, Finance, Controlling, Fund Management and Position budgeting Control;
- Knowledge of SAP/ABAP programming language and proficiency in developing ABAP queries;
- Knowledge of Payroll WINGs interfaces with payroll systems (Atlas, PASsport)
- Knowledge and working experience on PMW and LSMW tools
- Knowledge of the Financial Instruments negotiated in WFP (Forex, Forward, Time Deposit, Securities and STRIPS), and the relevant accounting procedures and back office processes;
- Knowledge of Financial Collaterals managed in WFP (Performance Bonds, Cash Deposits, Bid Bonds) and the relevant accounting and back office processes;
- Knowledge of WFP payroll process, entitlements accounting and budgeting procedures;
- Knowledge and working experience of SWIFT protocols FIN and File Act, and of the SWIFT KYC due diligence procedures;
- Knowledge and working experience on the MT file standards and xml ISO 20022 ones for payment and statement transmission;
- Knowledge and working experience in customizing payment file formats for different payment methods (Bank Transfers, Electronic Cheques, Mobile Wallets), different payment types (ACH/DFT, RTGS, Wires/CBFT, SEPA, BACS) in line with the requirements of the Central Banks of the countries where WFP owns Imprest accounts;
- Good understanding WFP programming, financial, budgeting, resource business processes and relevant policies;
- Understanding of the project implementation methodologies, standards, tools and techniques (e.g. ASAP, Agile testing Human centered design);
- Proficiency in defining and documenting business requirements, and to produce functional and technical specifications;
- Proficiency in preparing test script, running and document tests of system functionalities;
- Proficiency in business process analysis and identification of automation opportunities;
- Excellent analytical and thinking skills, critical reasoning and strong creative and persistent problem-solving attitude;
- Ability to work independently, as part of a team and in co-ordination with others;
- Attitude for conflict resolution, negotiation and creating positive outcomes;
- Strong customer orientation.
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Non-Rotational Nature: mobility is and continues to be a core contractual requirement in WFP. This position is however classified as “non-rotational” which means the incumbent shall not be subject to the regular reassignment process unless the position is reclassified as rotational.
WFP offers an attractive compensation and benefits package, including basic salary, post adjustment, relocation entitlement, travel and shipment allowances, 30 days’ annual leave, home leave, an education grant for dependent children, pension plan and medical insurance.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS
Sunday, December 20th
Female applicants and qualified applicants from developing countries are especially encouraged to apply
WFP has zero tolerance for discrimination and does not discriminate on the basis of HIV/AIDS status.
No appointment under any kind of contract will be offered to members of the UN Advisory Committee on Administrative and Budgetary Questions (ACABQ), International Civil Service Commission (ICSC), FAO Finance Committee, WFP External Auditor, WFP Audit Committee, Joint Inspection Unit (JIU) and other similar bodies within the United Nations system with oversight responsibilities over WFP, both during their service and within three years of ceasing that service.