CANADEM is recruiting for its CPiE roster (Portuguese speaking)
CANADEM is seeking seasoned professionals with previous relevant experience for its Child Protection in Emergencies (Portuguese speaking) roster. CANADEM is a Canadian based NGO that works with various UN agencies through the standby partnership programme. We regularly deploy candidates in various areas of expertise all around the globe. Registration with CANADEM is always free. We are looking to expand our pool of experts for potential/upcoming opportunities with different UN agencies field offices. This position would be a 6 month deployment.
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS AND COMPETENCIES
- Advanced degree (Master's or equivalent) in law, political sciences, international relations or other disciplines related to human rights. A combination of relevant academic qualifications and extensive work experience may be accepted in lieu of the advanced university degree;
- Proven ability to conduct complex human rights monitoring, documenting and reporting on child rights violations during armed conflict;
- Minimum five years of progressively responsible experience in political affairs and human rights monitoring and documentation with a focus on children's human rights and/or child protection; and
- 2 years professional experience in the field of Child Protection humanitarian response (armed conflict)
- Fluency in English (verbal and written). Good written and spoken skills in Portuguese is required.