CANADEM is recruiting for its Food Security Information Management (Spanish speaking) roster
CANADEM , Carabobo, Venezuela
CANADEM is seeking seasoned professionals with previous relevant experience for its Spanish speaking Food Security Cluster Information Management roster. CANADEM is a Canadian based NGO that works with various UN agencies through the standby partnership programme. We regularly deploy candidates in various areas of expertise all around the globe. Registration with CANADEM is always free. We are looking to expand our pool of experts for potential/upcoming opportunities with different UN agencies field offices. This position would be a 4 month deployment.
- Degree-level qualification or equivalent. Preferably, the degree should be in a relevant field or discipline such as Information Technology, Information Systems, Engineering, or Communications, although experience can replace qualifications.
- Minimum of 5 years of professional experience. Experience in humanitarian field as IMO for any cluster, and/or understanding of food security issues is preferred.
- Willingness and ability to work in difficult environments, in often stressful time- critical situations.
- Ability to work in Spanish required, with working-level proficiency in English.
- Cultural and Gender awareness and sensitivity.
Technical Skills and Experience Requirements:
- Strong knowledge of and experience in using advanced Excel and data analysis softwares, including proficiency with databases.
- Understanding of GIS/Cartographic outputs and ability to collect and organize data to support their production (potentially to be produced by others).
- Ability to present information in understandable tables, charts and graphs.
- Other Technical Skills that are considered desirable:
- Ability to maintain and manage website content for the sector.
- Data storage and file management expertise.
- Assessment, Survey, and Monitoring and Evaluation expertise.
- Communications and technical writing using both graphic and narrative presentations.
- Information Technology and networking skills.
- Knowledge of ArcGIS or other mapping software is an advantage.
- Ability to coach national staff on IM tasks and duties