CARE SHARES COORDINATOR
CARE USA , United States
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE has developed and implemented a confederation-wide intranet and knowledge management system within SharePoint Online to support our work. This will transform the sharing of content across the organization, reducing duplication both in effort and costs, and providing a platform for improved knowledge management. The CARE Shares Coordinator’s main duties include scheduling meetings, coordinating outreach and events, creating project presentations and other written documents, and responding quickly to user queries. The position requires an organized, experienced professional who is flexible and able to respond quickly and competently to new information and unexpected change. Candidates must possess a demonstrated ability to lead projects and effectively communicate with stakeholders to ensure success.
The CARE Shares Coordinator will lead the further implementation and scale-up of CARE Shares across the confederation. Working in close collaboration with identified resources across CARE members and the CARE Shares Advisory Group, s/he will be responsible for coordinating across the CARE Confederation to ensure broad stakeholder engagement, and ensuring CARE Shares is delivered against agreed plans. They will be responsible for project planning, budget tracking, change management, communications, and reporting on CARE Shares to a variety of stakeholders. For this role, CARE seeks a natural organizer and collaborator, who builds trust among internal stakeholders, is customer-service-oriented, knows SharePoint Online inside-out – can talk Hub Sites, Content Types, and knows which web-part does what - is a jack-of-all-trades, and a person who does what they say they are going to do, when they say they will do it, and is deeply committee to CARE’s mission. This role supports a global Confederation of approximately 10,000 staff across 100 countries so flexibility and ability to adapt to changing circumstances is essential. It also requires supporting staff outside traditional business hours to accommodate world-wide time zones.
• Feed into and manage the product roadmap for CARE Shares.
• Lead confederation-wide discovery and engagement with stakeholders and users.
• Track progress on CARE Shares roadmap.
• Update and maintain CARE Shares roadmap.
• Support detailed planning, monitor and report on progress, update project documentation, including project plan, budget, and risk log.
• Coordinate regular meetings with key stakeholders, including the CARE Shares Advisory Group, Site Owner Group, and more; including sharing prep materials, hosting and facilitating meetings, and following up with notes and next steps.
• Compile monthly statistics and usage tracking of CARE Shares, including compiling a monthly progress report to key stakeholders.
• Ensure that all measures of success (cost, time, scope, quality, risk, issues, etc.) are being continually tracked.
• Ability to motivate and maintain employee and stakeholder engagement to ensure successful activity completion.
Communications and engagement
• Create and implement detailed communications calendar for all areas of the confederation, including developing communications materials, holding presentations and webinars.
• Work with Internal Communications staff and others to customize messages.
• Seek opportunities for embedding CARE Shares information in communications.
• Lead the implementation of the Change Management and Engagement plans.
• Champion the product vision effectively to both senior staff and frontline users to develop the cultural and business process norms that increase utilization.
• Support CARE Member Partners without CARE Shares presences to onboard into CARE Shares.
• Working with CARE Shares Management Team to ensure non-tenant members are supported access CARE Shares.
• Provide tools for CARE teams to map existing content for migration/creation, including workplans, timelines, and training resources.
• Manage the Content Audit and Content Development Strategy; including the bi-yearly adherence to site standards.
• Coordinating with CARE Shares Management Team to ensure all troubleshooting and support is provided to CARE Shares Site Owners.
• Document procedures required to manage and maintain CARE Shares.
• Ensure training materials are up-to-date and translated in conjunction with SharePoint Administrator.
• Keep Site Owner Group updated with changes and engaged through monthly Site Owner Meetings.
• Plan, initiate, and implement user experience testing and redesign.
• Coordinate Global Organizational Taxonomy and CARE Shares information architecture with the KM Sub-Group.
• Work independently on complex, non-routine tasks - under limited supervision
• Interact directly with end users and/or technical POCs to resolve CARE Shares issues
• Engages business stakeholders in value/process dialogue to develop requirements
• Maintains awareness of the current and future directions of the industry and associated technologies, and, where appropriate, makes recommendations for implementation of new/upgraded systems, technologies, and best practices.
- Degree in communications, knowledge management, information technology, or project management, or equivalent combination of on-the-job training and work experience. In-depth and extensive experience working with, and supporting users to work with, SharePoint Online; including detailed understanding of SharePoint Online information architecture. Gained through formal education or work experience.
- 3+ years’ experience managing a global, decentralized intranet or knowledge management system desired
- 3+ years of experience coordinating, managing, or administering complex, multi-stakeholder, projects in matrixed environments
- Experience working in global development or humanitarian organizations, including an understanding of challenging operating environments, planning for low-bandwidth environments, and the need to work across cultural and technical contexts
- Possess the ability to influence on a global and virtual stage, demonstrate courage, an approachable style, and inspiring confidence
- Excellent planning and resource management skills and experience
- Quick learner who can quickly understand business requirements, develop plans, and execute
- Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues in different locations and across diverse cultures/languages
- Extreme attention to detail, very contentious about documentation, communication, and information sharing; but also able to keep the big picture in mind
- Able to gather user requirements and translate into technical solutions
- Ability to convey proposed solutions and complex information clearly, concisely and accurately to stakeholders and non-technical users
- Good written and verbal English communication skills (**A writing sample will be requested prior to interview)
- Strong desire to succeed and do whatever is necessary to meet deadlines and client commitments