CashCap seeks Cash and Market based program experts
Norwegian Refugee Council, Addis Abeba, Ethiopia
What is CashCap?
CashCap is an inter-agency project run by NORCAP which provide cash and market expertise to the humanitarian and development community.
Our Vision is to support international and local actors to prevent, prepare for, respond to and recover from crises by providing multiple evidence-based response options to the affected population.
Our Mission is to support international and local actors to consider and implement market-based programming, including Cash and Voucher Assistance (CVA), to improve choice, dignity, and efficiency in responses for affected populations.
CashCap supports the humanitarian/development community to assess gaps and barriers to appropriate use of CVA and provides inter-agency capacity to help actors overcome them. This is achieved through a roster of experts which deploy to responses for extended periods, backed up by a global technical team who provide support to the experts and to actors directly.
What is CashCap looking for?
CashCap wants to recruit cash and market experts with significant experience and knowledge in several of the following areas:
Minimum Expenditure basket development
Two recruitment rounds are planned, one starting asap, the second taking place late summer 2019. Only candidates with immediate availability will be considered for the first round
Roles and responsibilities typically include:
• Provide technical guidance and support to field teams, humanitarian partners and local authorities on cash-related issues and activities to ensure programme quality, adherence to agreed standards, national policies, best practices and impact soundness in their implementation.
• Build strategic alliances with other key actors internally and externally to advocate for cash transfer programming and ensure continuity of advocacy efforts.
• Engage actively in multi-sectorial responses, facilitate capacity building of implementing partners and national authorities.
• Develop training modules, information, education and communication materials specific to the context and culture as required, and conduct training as required.
• Contribute to the development of technical guidelines, advise and support project planning, design and implementation, considering local context, and available technologies.
• Ensure monitoring mechanisms are in place and ensure data collection and reporting is carried out systematically.
• Include considerations of long-term sustainable solutions in all phases of planning and implementation.
• Ability to work in a collaborative manner with team members and with multiple stakeholders at various levels from national to sub-national and community levels.
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in highly stressful situations and contexts.
• Strong communication, interpersonal and negotiation skills.
• Analytical and creative thinking for rapid solutions.
• An opportunity to work in an international setting for a globally recognized organization.
• Significant life experiences, professional and self-development through exposure to varied contexts and settings.
* Good staff care and training opportunities.
* The possibility of professional networking within your area of expertise and interest.
• For more information about NORCAP: www.nrc.no/norcap
• For more information about CashCap, please see our page: https://www.nrc.no/expert-deployment/what-we-do/cashcap
• Protection is at the heart of the work that we do; candidates selected for interview can expect for this aspect of their profile to be explored in some detail.
• Kindly submit your CV and application in English and include your full name as written in your passport.