Cheif of Party
Save the Children, Kigali-ngali, Rwanda
Chief of party
About the Role:
Save the Children is seeking Chief of Party (COP) candidates for several upcoming opportunities to lead and manage all aspects of programming within Rwanda. This senior leadership position will provide overall strategic direction in the design, management, implementation and overall quality assurance of the project. The COP will be Save the Children's primary point of contact with USAID and all relevant stakeholders. This position will collaborate with the local government and other critical partners to provide high-level support for effective capacity building at the local level and sustainability of the project interventions. The COP will oversee a team of experts and support staff, prepare reports and annual operating plans, align project initiatives with in-country priorities and ensure the program is compliant with USAID and Save the Children's regulations.
This position is contingent upon donor approval and funding.
Qualifications and experience
- Minimum of eight years of progressively international work experience in managing and implementing USG programs in Eastern Africa
- Proven senior management experience in nutrition or education, gender mainstreaming and working in a multi-cultural environment. Previous COP experience preferred
- Proven ability in understanding, creating and implementing solutions in order to achieve measurable results within development projects
- Demonstrated skills in leadership, mentoring, motivating and supervision over multi-cultural teams within a dynamic setting
- Demonstrated ability to cultivate relationships with the private sector, local NGOs and government officials
- Excellent interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to lead and work effectively in team situations
- Solid oral and written communication and interpersonal skills in English
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued
This position is on Child Safeguarding- Level 3: The post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs. Or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
We are committed to ensuring a safe working environment for all those who work for us and for all those who come into contact with our staff and representatives, including children and members of the communities with whom we work.
SCI takes a zero tolerance approach to sexual harassment and any other conduct that is discriminatory or disrespectful to others.
Deadline for receiving applications is September 24th, 2020.
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
- Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. *
- Disclaimer: Save the Children International does not charge any kind of fee at whichever stage of the recruitment process*