Chief of Party – Female Empowerment/Mujeres Poderosas Activity, Colombia
Tetra Tech , Tolima, Colombia
Tetra Tech International Development Services headquartered in Arlington, VA is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Chief of Party (COP) position on a USAID funded program Colombia.
Position Description/Summary: The purpose of the Female Empowerment/Mujeres Poderosas (FEMPOW) Activity is to empower women and girls by reducing GBV, positively transforming gender norms and attitudes, engaging the private sector to create economic opportunities for women, and supporting USAID programming in PDET municipalities. The COP will be responsible for leading all technical, financial, and administrative aspects of the five year program.
- Responsible for overall programmatic leadership, including contractual performance and risk management, work planning and reporting, financial management, administration and personnel management, high-level client and counterpart dialogue, and communications for the project;
- Serve as the principal liaison between USAID, Tetra Tech, and other counterparts and partners, and provide overall strategic and technical guidance to subcontractors;
- Provide comprehensive expert technical oversight and guidance in all aspects of the program, including work planning, activity implementation, and monitoring, evaluation, and learning.
- Master’s degree in international development, development economics, women’s/gender studies, business administration, law, or relevant field required;
- At least 10 years of professional experience related to women’s economic empowerment, behavior change for GBV, and/or gender-related policies and services; direct experience working on these issues in rural areas and PDET municipalities preferred;
- Minimum of 5 years in a director-level role leading and managing complex development programs and multi-disciplinary teams in Latin America, preferably as a Chief of Party for a USAID-funded project;
- Fluent English and Spanish required;
- Colombian country nationals strongly encouraged to apply.