Chief of Party Shobai Miley Pori (“Everyone Reads Together”) BANGLADESH
HI , Dhaka, Bangladesh
Place: BANGLADESH (DHAKA with frequent field visits)
Anticipated Starting date: September 2021 Length: 36 months
Closing date for applications: 29th of January 2021
“Outraged by the injustice faced by people with disabilities and vulnerable populations, we aspire to a world of solidarity and inclusion, enriched by our differences, where everyone can live in dignity”
Humanity & Inclusion (HI) is an independent and impartial aid and development organisation with no religious or political affiliations operating in situations of poverty and exclusion, conflict and disaster. We work alongside people with disabilities and vulnerable people to help meet their essential needs, improve their living conditions and promote respect for their dignity and fundamental rights.
Since the organisation was first founded in 1982, we have set up development programmes in more than 60 countries and responded to many emergencies. Today we have a budget of around 150 million euros, with 3500 employees worldwide.
The HI network is an organisation made up of a Federation (with 2 operational HQs in Lyon and Brussels), 8 national associations (Germany, Belgium, Canada, United States, France, Luxembourg, United Kingdom and Switzerland) and the HI Institute on Humanitarian Action. All these entities work concertedly to implement HI’s international aid and development mandate.
The Federation is responsible for implementing the network’s social missions in around sixty countries. It operates under the names “Humanity & Inclusion” or “Handicap International” depending on the country.
HI is engaged in an employment policy in favour of disabled workers.
For further information about the association: www.hi.org.
JOB CONTEXT :
The United States of America Agency for International Development (USAID) is expected to release a call for proposals for an Inclusive Education project (Shobai Miley Pori :“Everyone Reads Together”).The anticipated aim of the project is to improve early grade reading outcomes in Bangla for children with disabilities in Government Primary Schools in Bangladesh.
HI is seeking a qualified Chief of Party, responsible of the overall management of the Project, if the consortium is successful, the proposal accepted, and granted with the award.
The project is anticipated to start in September 2021 and will have a 36 months duration; the anticipated overall budget falls between USD 10.000.000 -25.000.000
Under the line management of the HI Bangladesh Programme Manager (Country Manager), as Chief of Party, you will serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Bangladesh.
You will be responsible for the success and oversight for Shobai Miley Pori project. As Chief of Party, you will serve as the primary point of contact with USAID/Bangladesh and the relevant external and internal partners.
You will be responsible for the overall implementation of this inclusive Education project, including financial and operational management.
In this framework, your main responsibilities will be:
· Overall project management (including planning, implementation and monitoring)
· Ensure that the project’s activities implemented comply with HI technical norms and standards; responsible for the technical quality and relevance of project activities implemented
· Project Human Resources, Finance & Logistics Management
· Consortium team management
· Partnership Management (international and local implementing partners): you are responsible for the overall management of the consortium partners (including sub-awardees)
· External coordination/Representation with donors, relevant government representatives and other actors
· Project Strategic Development
YOUR PROFILE :
· Master’s degree preferably in Education, Disability Studies, Social Development, International Development, or in any other relevant field.
· Minimum of ten years of relevant experience in a leadership position in a project of similar magnitude and complexity (in Bangladesh would be an asset).
· Previous experience as a Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP), or Project Director of a project of comparable or larger magnitude in scope, funding and staffing (responsible for the financial and operational aspects). Preferably for USAID supported program.
· Past technical experience in any of the following areas: disability inclusive education (preferable), education, social inclusion, or social development.
· Proven track record of developing and implementing project management and quality control tools, including content editing, to ensure quality deliverables from a team across areas, including with local staff and organizations.
· Ability to coordinate and collaborate with other donor programs and with USAID implementing partners for creative solutions, and complementarities to maximize results.
· Previous work experience in Bangladesh or South Asia would be an asset
· You are fluent in English
CHARACTERISTICS OF THE POSITION :
· The position is based in Dhaka with regular field visits
At HI, the conditions offered are up to your commitment and adapted to the context of your mission. Particular attention is paid to health issues and your personal situation.
We offer an induction and training path adapted to our staff members and we have a HR policy oriented toward mobility and professional development.
· 36 months International contract (anticipated starting date: September 2021)
· The international contract provides social cover adapted to your situation:**
o Unemployment insurance benefits for EU nationals**
o Pension scheme adapted to the situation of our employees: If you already have a personal pension scheme HI will contribute at the same level of your personal monthly contribution with a maximum of 272.53€/month ; If you do not have a personal pension scheme, we will open a private pension account with your contribution of 272.53€/month and a contribution of HI of the same amount**
o Medical coverage with 50% of employee contribution **
o Repatriation insurance paid by HI**
· Salary upon experience
· Perdiem : 427.82€ net/month - paid in the field
· Paid leaves : 25 days per year;
· R&R : 1 day per month
· Position open to families: family package
§ a child allowance of 100€ per month, per child (from the second child) paid in the field
§ Contribution to school registration fees for children over 3 years
§ Family-wide health coverage
· Payment for travel costs (air ticket & visa) and transport of your personal effects **
· Housing : individual taken in charge by HI