Chief of Public Sector Scale & Learning
EYElliance a project of Tides, New York, United States
EYElliance is a multi-sector coalition that drives the global strategy to close the gap in access to eyeglasses. With an affected population of over 2 billion, poor vision that can be corrected with a pair of glasses is according, to the New York Times, “the biggest health crisis you’ve never heard of.” EYElliance represents the next generation of systems change agents: practitioners whose experience working to grow and scale service delivery organizations has informed our decision to opt for a new set of tactics to solve the problem in its entirety. Doing so will result in over $227 billion restored to the global economy annually due to increased productivity in the working poor and it will also raise GDP by 0.2% from improved educational outcomes in. We are in active dialogue and collaborating with the WHO, World Bank, the World Economic Forum, USAID, the Global Partnership for Education, the International Finance Corporation, OPIC, and funded by the Skoll Foundation, the DRK Foundation, and the Aspen Institute.
For more information on EYElliance, please visit eyelliance.org.
EYElliance is seeking a creative problem solver to help shape our public sector strategy and forge new collaborations across sectors to deploy proven solutions at the systems level. The Chief of Public Sector Scale & Learning will be proving our global theory of change by establishing Evidence Labs in country and working with governments in less developed countries to drive change.
The Chief of Public Sector Scale & Learning will be responsible for:
- Lead existing Evidence Labs, and create new Evidence Labs to demonstrate the viability of scaling proven models of eyeglasses delivery through government systems.
- Build multi-sector coalitions at the country level and facilitate productive collaborations;
- Test assumptions about what it takes to scale through government systems;
- Consolidate learnings;
- Identify new countries in which to launch new Labs.
The Chief of Public Sector Scale & Learning will be based in New York City and report to the Co-founder & Chief Executive and work closely with Ministries of Health, Education, and Finance, eye care NGOs, education NGOS, thought leaders from the community health worker space, and inclusive business.
Initially the Public Sector Scale team will consist of project managers working at the country level, but the expectation is the Chief of Public Sector Scale & Learning will build their team within 6-12 months.
The ideal candidate will have the following professional skills, qualities, and competencies:
- 10 years working global development, public health, or equivalent experience;
- A demonstrated ability to plan, execute, finish, and learn;
- Experience leading projects at national level, i.e. country director or equivalent;
- Private sector experience a plus;
- Experience working with Ministry staff and Ministers in less developed countries;
- High comfort level switching seamlessly between programmatic detail and high level strategy;
- Ability to prioritize, iterate, and pivot as needed with minimal direction;
- Experience managing a remote staff a plus;
- Ability to represent the organization at high-level meetings/events;
- Familiarity with the opportunities and challenges associated with delivering a new service offering via government systems, i.e. comfort solving problems with procurement, supply chains, and training.
Core Values that are integral to succeeding in the role:
- An interest in balancing the priorities of NGOs with the demands of facilitating initiatives that are genuinely government-led;
- A voracious appetite to learn and quickly immerse yourself in a new issue area;
- Motivated by solving big problems.