Communications and Documentation Expert
Indian Grameen Services Indian Grameen Services (IGS) Kolkata , West Bengal, India
Communications and Documentation Expert Indian Grameen Services Indian Grameen Services (IGS) is registered as a not-for-profit company under Section 25 (now Section 8) of the Companies Act, 1956. It was set up in 1987 for promoting livelihood opportunities in rural and forest areas to extend support services necessary for promoting livelihood opportunities in rural areas. IGS envisions an equitable world where the poor and marginalized in rural and urban areas, have access to livelihood opportunities on a sustainable basis, are prosperous and happy. Thus, IGS describes its Vision as Kaayam Rojgar, Khushhaal Pariwar, i.e., Sustainable Livelihoods, Prosperous Households. IGS operates with the Mission of Incubating Innovations for Pro poor Sustainable Livelihoods. Please log on to www.igsindia.org.in for further information on IGS.
IGS invites applications for the following position in its Head Office in Kolkata (West Bengal). Interested candidates are requested to refer to position details carefully and follow the application process. Applications received through channels or processes other than those specified below may not be considered for this round of selection process.
Position Title : Communications and Documentation Expert
Type of Engagement: Initial appointment will be on term-based contract with possibility of being regularized based on candidate’s performance and interest
Place of Posting Preferably in Kolkata (with extensive travel across India)
Reporting Officer A member of the Senior Management Group
Job Description :
The key role of the team member will be that of enhancing visibility of IGS in the sector and across stakeholder- and media platforms, using a variety of tools and techniques.
S/he will be responsible for the following:
• Develop and maintain a ready-repository of caselets, stories of change and testimonials based on emerging field experiences and covering all work-themes of IGS for timely dissemination using appropriate communication channels, to show-case IGS’s experience, expertise, and influence stakeholder opinion on contemporary issues
• Lead storyboard / ideation sessions with other team members and curates the outputs of those sessions
• Edit and proofread progress reports, discussion papers, thematic notes, and articles prepared by the subject-experts to ensure accuracy, clarity, and readability
• Prepare other knowledge documents and dissemination-worthy content using appropriate text, graphics, and their presentation tools and techniques; coordinating printing and dissemination
• Manage and ensure up-dated content on IGS’s Website and Social Media accounts and lead their emergence as go-to sites for development sector functionaries Gather and curate content through desk- and field research (including to existing project locations of IGS), and incorporating contributions from other Page 2 of 3 team members; identifying and communicating risks associated with proposals.
• Meet documentation deadlines by establishing priorities and target dates for information gathering, writing, review, and revisions
• Develop Communication Strategy and Annual Plans
• Develop a Style Handbook and standard templates for IGS and ensure consistency of all documents and media products with company guidelines and standards
• Ensure quality of content in all knowledge outputs emanating from the organization and follow writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone
• Edit and proofread reports, Policy and Discussion Papers prepared by the subject-experts to ensure accuracy, clarity, and readability
• Support development of Board and Committee presentations and reports
• Co-ordinate development of an IGS e-Newsletter for wider sharing
• Handhold the development and finalization of IGS’s Annual Report
• Proactively develop and manage a network of communication and documentation personnel in the sector and beyond
• Accomplish organizational goals by accepting ownership for responding to new and different requests
• Explore other opportunities to add value to own job accomplishment
Language and IT Skills
• Excellent command over written English and ability to produce succinct, factual and convincing content • Ability to manage social media accounts of a medium sized organization is a must; adept with writing for and on social media
• Proficient in the use of MS Office (especially MSWord and Excel); graphic design abilities will be an added plus
• Ability to work with databasing software and analytics is desirable
• Demonstrated experience of conducting desk-based research (including the use of web resources), and generating quality analytical documents based on the same
Qualifications and Experience
• Masters in Communications / Development Communication / Journalism / English; additional degree or certificate in a development field will be a plus
• Between 3 and 5 years of post-qualification, core communication and documentation related work experience is required; prior experience of managing social media accounts Page 3 of 3 of a small / medium-sized organization is highly desirable
• Experience of conducting stakeholder interviews and field research for problem and solution analysis
• Demonstrated ability to work in a diverse work environment, with strong collaboration skills
• Excellent attention to details; passion for ideation and documentation
• Ability to work independently with minimal supervision; should be able to work-from-home, when required
• Excellent inter-personal and organizational skills • Ability to think out-of-the-box and ideate
• Upholds the truth
• Maintains confidentiality
• Strong time management and prioritization skills; ability to work collegially under deadline pressures
• Ability to learn quickly, demonstrate critical thinking and make situation-appropriate decisions using sound judgment
• Willing to travel (50% time) to remote field locations and engage with diverse stakeholders
• Results-driven and self-motivated with an ability to inspire the pursuit of excellence
Relocation Assistance provided to candidates: Accommodation for one-week at the place of posting
• Detailed CV that includes year-wise details of relevant work experience and educational attainments
• Contact details of three professional references
• Covering note explaining your interest in and suitability for this position Applications incomplete in any respect may not be considered for this selection process.
Contact Details for applying Applications are to be submitted over email to firstname.lastname@example.org Applications submitted through any other channel or process will not be considered for this selection process.
Deadline for Receipt of Applications 1600 hours on 31st May 2020 Indian Grameen Services is an equal opportunity employer. We are striving to bring gender balance in our staff composition across levels.