Communications Centre Operator
IOM , Philippines
Position Title : Communications Centre Operator
Duty Station : Manila (Global) Administrative Centre
Classification : Ungraded
Type of Appointment : Six-month Special Short Term
Closing Date : 15 January 2021
Salary: Php 35 000 per month net of taxes
Under the overall supervision of the Security Operations Officer in Charge of the OSS Operations Centre, Manila and the direct supervision of the Security Operations Centre Coordination Officer, the successful candidate will assist in providing effective support in the 24/7 operations of the MAC OSS Global Operations Centre. The duties will range from assisting in maintaining a 24/7 global communications centre to field emergency calls from missions. He or she is tasked to immediately report 'breaking news' security related incidents to the Officer in Charge of the OSS Operations Centre Manila and communicate relevant information through the proper channels to all Operation Centre team members.
Likewise, he or she will also perform administrative functions of the Operations Centre, including but not limited to updating operational information boards, maps, assisting with TRIP inquiries, provision of staff ID cards and assist in maintaining the global IOM security contact staff list monitoring and reacting to any incidents or reports received through the Security Communications and Analysis Network (SCAAN).
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- University degree in Communication Arts, Development Studies, Behavioural Sciences, International Studies, Security Management or a related field from an accredited academic institution with one year of relevant experience; or
- Completed High School degree from an accredited academic institution, with three years of relevant professional experience.
- Experience on practical safety security specifically in safety security research, reports and advisory;
- Willing to extend working hours;
- Able to maintain confidentiality and discretion in appropriate areas of work.
- Knowledgeable in ID Assist, C-CURE System, Microsoft office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher), Google Earth Pro and Adobe Photo Editing software and Staff Emergency Advisory System (SEAS) would be an asset;
- Previous experience in an international organization an advantage.