Community Communications Team Coordinator
UNRWA , Beirut, Lebanon
A. Coordinates the work of the Communications Coordinators team and contributes to the AAP project reporting
- Coordinates the field work of five area communications coordinators by following up on the daily and weekly tasks and duties of the field communications coordinators. Collects from the team and compiles weekly and monthly reports and project activities to be submitted to the Project Lead Consultant and UNRWA senior management.
- Contributes to the project’s work plan in coordination with the Project Lead Consultant, ensuring that the project outputs are aligned with the project design and the partnership agreement and providing advice and guidance as required;
- Develops and oversees communications material and channels to enhance communications with the community;
- Supports the design and development of tools for monitoring, evaluation and reporting.
B. Coordinates refugee community engagement with UNRWA field management
- Organizes participation of management in meetings in each of the five areas in Lebanon, targeting representatives of political factions, camp committees, main NGOs and community based organizations in the camps, youth and women’s committees and parents and Palestine refugees from Syria
- Channels UNRWA messages to the Refugee community throughout the annual programmatic cycle to inform the refugees about what UNRWA accomplished during the annual programme cycle.
- Provides training to the team on feedback collection techniques, and community communications skills (verbal, audio-visual, reporting and others).
- Organizes field visits, support the preparation of visibility material/activities as required.
C. Contributes to monitoring and evaluation
- Follows up with the various programmes and departments to ensure timely feedback on issues raised by the community.
- Gives communities routine feedback as to the outcomes and findings of assessment, monitoring and evaluation missions.
- Contributes to the production of a lessons learnt document that could be used by the Agency in other fields of operations.