Community Mobilizer - Sponsorship (Nationals Only)
Save the Children , Philippines
The Community Mobilizer will actively engage key community stakeholders in making sense of the issues affecting children and their lives using the community mobilization plan drafted by the Community Development Officer.
The post holder will primarily conduct field visits, work on face-to-face engagement and activity or workshop facilitation with children and their families, community leaders, and community volunteers to build capacities of community stakeholders in engaging with a range of local authorities, other local non-government organizations and duty bearers to influence policy decisions. S/he links communities with peoples organizations or organize community based organizations to act collectively in influencing public governance.
S/he will closely work with community/school volunteers as an integral component in building program ownership among local stakeholders. S/he will monitor program progress based on the established indicators. The CM will ensure program accountability and learning in the communities.
- 3 years’ experience in Community Development work with strong background in community mobilization and constituency building.
- Background in engaging policy decision makers in child rights issues.
- Effective communication and facilitation skills demonstrated by skills and knowledge in using various tools in simplifying concepts and frameworks in communicating with a wide range of audiences related to the program including children.
- Critical thinking which is demonstrated by the ability to resolve program issues and integrate programs.
- Experience in facilitating community and child participation, use of child rights approaches, gender development and inclusion principles in development or humanitarian settings.
- Resilience to stress, can tolerate working under ambiguous circumstances), high flexibility to abrupt changes and can multitask .
- Strong sense of urgency and work ethics particularly in timeliness (organizing and prioritizing) and quality in programming.
- Understands and believes in Save the Children’s mission and vision; commits to its objectives and willing to adopt Save the Children’s methodology and framework.
Contract length: Fixed Term position based in Arakan, North Cotabato
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realise the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations. A copy of the full role profile can be found at
We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to the protection of children from abuse