Complain Response Mechanism Assistant
CTG, Mudug, Somalia
CTG support and manage humanitarian projects in fragile and conflict-affected countries around the world. With past performance in 15 countries – from the Middle East, Africa, Europe, Asia and Central and South America – we offer a holistic fabric of project management, implementation and support. Skilled in emergency response to crises such as the Ebola outbreak in West Africa, we have the ability to act quickly (crisis response teams can be on the ground in 24 hours) and to establish structured operations in high-risk environments. CTG recruit and manage qualified, skilled teams with extensive experience operating in challenging conditions.
OVERVIEW OF THE POSITION
The International Organization for Migration (IOM) is one of the major humanitarian and development actors in Somalia. IOM Shelter/NFI program currently implements projects focused at in-kind distributions as well as Cash Based Interventions. The program also maintains the common supply pipeline for cluster partners.
In this context, IOM is in the process of establishing a complaints and response mechanism to better serve beneficiaries and collect feedback on in-kind and cash based interventions. The CRM Assistant based in Mogadishu will be directly responsible for maintaining a complaints log and provide feedback to beneficiaries. The position will directly report to the M&E officer under the overall guidance of Shelter/NFI Program Manager
Maintain communication with beneficiaries/non-beneficiaries through established hotline and respond to their queries via messaging and calls
Develop and maintain the call log, categorising inquiries and complaints
Actively follow up with relevant operations and support staff to collect and return feedback to beneficiaries
Assist in analysing trends of incoming queries to adjust FAQ’s and donor reports as required
Prepare and report call log analysis on an agreed frequency
Always adhere to IOM’s data protection principles
Ensure dignity and privacy of beneficiaries is respected and prioritised through confidentiality of the information received
Keep up with forthcoming attitude to ensure complainants feel welcomed
Provide feedback to improve the system that aligns to commercial standards
Perform other tasks as assigned
To be advised
§ Bachelor's degree in or High Diploma, preferable in development studies, social science, economics or a related field.
§ Minimum of 4 years of demonstrable relevant Social Development experience.
§ Minimum of 4 year of experience in Africa (essential).
§ Fluency in English and Somali are essential.
The incumbent is expected to demonstrate the following values and competencies:
• Inclusion and respect for diversity: respects and promotes individual and cultural differences; encourages diversity and inclusion wherever possible.
• Integrity and transparency: maintains high ethical standards and acts in a manner consistent with organizational principles/rules and standards of conduct.
• Professionalism: demonstrates ability to work in a composed, competent and committed manner and exercises careful judgment in meeting day-to-day challenges.
Core Competencies – behavioural indicators level 2
• Teamwork: develops and promotes effective collaboration within and across units to achieve shared goals and optimize results.
• Delivering results: produces and delivers quality results in a service-oriented and timely manner; is action oriented and committed to achieving agreed outcomes.
• Managing and sharing knowledge: continuously seeks to learn, share knowledge and innovate.
• Accountability: takes ownership for achieving the Organization’s priorities and assumes responsibility for own action and delegated work.
• Communication: encourages and contributes to clear and open communication; explains complex matters in an informative, inspiring and motivational way