Compliance Assistant (extension)
ACTED , Syria
· Ensure overall compliance with ACTED’s policies & procedures
· Support ACTED team members in implementing ACTED’s policies & procedures
Overall Internal Audit & Compliance Management
· Contribute to internal audit tasks according to agreed and planned schedule and written terms of reference:
· FLATS process audit: Audit for FLATS department conducted and supervised by Area Compliance Manager
· Support on the program audit done by the FLATS team in the bases in terms of collection and review of documentation
· Promote transparency and accountability.
· Responsible for the compliance & transparency with ACTED’s policies & procedures:
· Performing spot checks on the compliance of FIN/HR/LOG processes and completing the corresponding checklists
· Assist in providing training upon request or when identifying a gap in implementation/knowledge of ACTED’s procedures (FLAT and / or programme)
· Follow up on compliance observations and recommendations
· Participating to spot checks on program activities as per the instructions of Area Compliance Manager
· Participating to supply chain traceability reviews as per the instructions of Area Compliance Manager
· Conduct Field tender verification activities as per coordination request (Taking Photos, visit the area in the field).
· Review program supporting documents are fully in the filed on a monthly basis.
· Following up originals of the relevant department documents are received in the base on a monthly basis (finance vouchers, personal files, procurement files). Effective sending remains the responsibility of each department.
· Lead the transportation activities of the supporting documentation from the field to Area/Capital.
· Participating to the conduction of Market Survey’s as per the frequency agreed upon by coordination & Area Compliance Manager
External Audit Management
· Participate to the preparation of external audits in close collaboration with the Sr. Compliance Officer, Area Compliance Manager & Capital Compliance Team
· Scanning of supporting documentation for selected sample to be shared with capital compliance team for final review
· Contribute to the preparation of the Monthly Compliance Report
· Prepare a monthly Tasks report and share it with the Compliance Officer
· Provide regular and timely updates on progress and challenges to Sr. Compliance Officer
· Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
· University degree in Economic / Finance / Accounting or equivalent professional diploma.
• At least 1 year of related experience under the same title or equivalent.
• Previous NGO experience in same field.
• Good speaking/writing English language and fluent in the Arabic language.
• Ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risk and make plans accordingly.
• Accuracy and attention to detail.
• Impartiality, objectivity and confidentiality.
• Ability to travel locally, if necessary.
• Time management and problem solving.
• Very Good knowledge of Microsoft office applications.
• Good communication skills and ability to learn.
• Team player and able to work under pressure