Conflict Prevention & Peace building Project Manager (CPPB - PM)
DCA , Bangui, Central African Republic
DCA seeks a Project Manager for our innovative Conflict Prevention & Peacebuilding projects in Central African Republic. We are looking for an individual who has a proven track record in leading vibrant initiatives that support local capacities to facilitate dialogue and engage in community safety planning / social cohesion activities.
We offer a unique opportunity to spearhead DCA’s Conflict Prevention & Peacebuilding projects, which include civil society engagement with duty bearers, risk education, community safety planning initiatives, and social cohesion activities. As part of a dynamic DCA CAR Senior Management Team, the CPPB Project Manager will be involved in actively designing new interventions, securing funds, and implementing pioneering initiatives. Embracing DCA’s Triple Humanitarian-Development-Peace Nexus approach to addressing immediate humanitarian needs, while identifying opportunities to address longer term community wishes and aspirations.
- Work within the framework of DCA’s core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement.
- Liaise with programmes/HQ to ensure effective communications across the organisation.
- Ensure adherence to all DCA policies and procedures.
- Participate in meetings, networks, seminars, and conferences where relevant and beneficial to DCA and its mission and mandate.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
- The posting is an expatriate senior position and a non-family duty station based in Bangui (with regular travel to Bouar, Paoua or Bambari). Regular travel to other areas of CAR is also expected.
- Management of Conflict Prevention & Peacebuilding-related initiatives including partner engagement as well as supervision of associated staff and ensure the respect of standards.
- Supervise the EU Peacebuilding, Reconciliation, and Conflict Resolution Project.
- Manage DANIDA-funded community safety activities other donor-funded Conflict Prevention & Peacebuilding-related initiatives.
- Budget management and monitoring (avoid underspend and overspend) and ensure the respect of DCA and donors’ procedures and guidelines
- Maintain donor and DCA reporting and provide regular project updates.
- Provide technical support and capacity building to partners and/ or DCA national staff.
- Participate in coordination fora with the relevant groups (cluster meetings, working groups etc.).
- Conduct regular field assessments as required.
- Write proposals and budgets
- Provide relevant input to the CAR programme strategy and involvement in the overall grant management cycle.
You can expect:
- Competitive salary package, comprehensive insurance as per industry standards, one free yearly leave ticket and free housing (guest house).
- Six weeks paid leave per annum and a generous R&R package.
- A job that will make a difference and improve the lives of people by addressing needs in a challenging environment.
- Decision making competence within the set framework of the program
- Challenging and varied work tasks.
- Opportunity to expand existing programs.
- Competent and helpful colleagues and support from HQ on all aspects of the program
- A very supportive and appreciative workplace atmosphere.
- 1-year contract with possibility of extension
We are looking for:
- A relevant academic qualification, at master’s level or equivalent in peacebuilding, international relations, development studies, humanitarian action, sociology, project management or other relevant topics.
- Minimum 3 years of experience at senior level, preferably in complex humanitarian environments.
- Strong and proven experience in field need assessment and development, proposal and budget development for donors, donor reporting.
- Strong experience in peacebuilding, social cohesion, armed violence reduction & community safety, conflict sensitivity programming including participatory approaches.
- Strong and proven experience working with civil society and government authorities.
- Strong experience / involvement in coordination.
- Fluency in written and spoken French and English.
- Strong communications skills, both spoken and written.
- The ability to mentor, coach and develop staff.
- Experience with fund raising, networking, donor liaison and coordination.
- Strong analytical skills and capacity.
- Strong ability to plan, coordinate and lead processes that include multiple stakeholders and interests
- Cultural sensitivity and adaptability – experience from the region is an added advantag