Consultancy: Event Management and Partnerships Assistant
UN Children's Fund, Oman
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you. For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
And we never give up.
For every child,Hope
Background and Justification
In collaboration with government counterparts, the UNICEF Oman Country Office (OCO) finalized the development of the Government of Oman (GoO) and UNICEF Country Programme Document (CPD) and Country Programme Action Plan (CPAP) for the period 2017 – 2020 outlining the objectives and mode of programme implementation. Founded on a solid collaboration with the Government, UNICEF has contributed towards numerous achievements on children and women in Oman since 1971. It aims to work with the government on policies and services that protect children. Working towards better outcomes for children in Oman requires engagement with the public and private sector and to advocate for child rights on public forums.
Purpose and Objectives
The purpose is to support the Partnerships team deepen organization collaboration with key stakeholders and to facilitate the coordination of key events of the organisation and to assist the Oman Country office with advocacy. The key result is to ensure greater visibility for the CRC and children in support of its mission
Key functions, accountabilities and related duties/tasks
• Provide partnership support as needed for any partnership area or activity as requested by the Supervisor.
• Seeks new partnerships and resource mobilization. Receives and screens inquiries from potential collaborators and facilitates communication with the UNICEF Representative. Scans and scouts external environment within designated partnership area for opportunities and risks and shares information in a timely fashion with the UNICEF Representative.
• Develops and maintains deep knowledge and familiarity with current and prospective partners and relevant stakeholders, contributing to a database of key contacts and to UNICEF’s base of knowledge on partnership and resource mobilization.
• pre-event, on-site and post-event assistance, including but not limited to: preparation of briefing/concept notes, logistical coordination, maintaining event documents and noting meeting summaries.
• Performs other related duties as assigned by the supervisor to ensure the success of the team
• Support the organisation to deepen its collaboration within key business partners and high influencers
• Consultative meetings and missions arranged as per requirements.
• All reports and deliverables submitted as per agreed dates/timeline.
• Attend and provide support at workshops and meetings.
• Timely provision of background documentation, and meeting minutes as well as follow up on action points.
• Meeting minutes and other documents produced shared with all staff and saved in common shared drive.
• Letters prepared, filed and shared with supervisor for approval.
• Any other tasks assigned to the Intern are completed in a timely manner.
- The Event Management and Partnerships Assistant will be required to report on a daily basis to the Supervisor. The Event Management and Partnerships Assistant will be entitled to the same work hours, weekends & UN holiday schedule as UNICEF staff, based on the work schedule agreed with the Supervisor.
- The Event Management and Partnerships Assistant will arrange his/her own insurance, such as life, health and other forms of insurance, covering the term of this contract when in Oman, and will provide proof of insurance.
- Any in-country travel related to a work assignment will be arranged for and covered by UNICEF.
- UNICEF will not provide the Event Management and Partnerships Assistant with any equipment, unless it is requested by the Intern and approved by Operation Unit with the completion of the appropriate forms.
Qualifications & Specialized knowledge
- Completed undergraduate or higher university education in a field related to the UNICEF Country Programme priorities, or in the field of organizational development.
- Three years of professional experience in event management or assistance to senior leadership in organization of events
- Attention to detail, strong organizational skills, creative thinking, communication skills and a passion for events
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment is essential.
- Sound knowledge of Omani culture, traditions and communication protocols.
Submision of offers
Interested candidates should include in their proposals the following:
The Offer should be in two parts: Part A – Technical; Part B – Financial, of not more than 5 pages.
Part A: Technical
- Background information that includes an interpretation and understanding of the terms of reference;
- Methodology and approach outlining a clear conceptual and analytical framework for the work to be undergone;
- Proposed work plan outlining clear timeframe and logical steps in conducting the assignment;
- Name and brief background of the vendor, including existing experience and expertise that will be of benefit to the proposed assignment;
- Names and contact information of referees for the 3 most recent and relevant projects.
Part B: Financial
- An itemized budget divided into professional fees and direct cost of activities in United States Dollars. Budget to include estimated costs of travel, DSA and terminal expenses.