Consultant for Policy Gap Analysis and Capacity Assessment in ICCA
WWF , Myanmar
WWF-Myanmar is now inviting applications for a Consultant for Policy Gap Analysis & Capacity Assessment on ICCA position with home-based.**
Scope of Work
The consultant is expected to assess relevant policies in Myanmar and identify gaps, if there are, for the recognition of ICCAs in the country and assess existing capacities of the ICCA NEWS. Specifically, the consultant will be responsible to the following:
Review existing legal and policy instruments.
Based on the review, contribute to the preparation of detailed recommendations of the policies, laws and strategies.
Based on the review, prepare detailed recommendations for strengthening the local and national regulatory environment.
Expected outputs, deliverables and other detailed information are at
- At least 5 years of relevant experience in policy and legal analysis of ENR related laws especially in Myanmar or Southeast Asian country;
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in policy analysis related to forest management, protected area management, other effective conservation modalities
- Knowledge on ICCA especially in Asia or Greater Mekong Region
- Familiarity with the Myanmar forest rules and regulations on community forestry, protected areas;
- Familiarity with the socio-political context of Myanmar