DanChurchAid, Chittagong Division, Bangladesh
DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for an energetic and experienced Country Director to lead its country programme in Bangladesh. The bulk of the programme consists of DCA’s humanitarian response to the influx of Rohingya refugees in Cox’s Bazar together with several livelihood and value-chain projects. The Country Director position is based in Cox’s Bazar.
As Country Director you will be responsible for a programme with a current turnover of 4.5 million USD. You will lead the management team and ensure good staff welfare and conducive working environment for 140 national and 3 international staff. You will be responsible for the overall planning, implementation and management as well as the achievement of the goals and objectives of the programme in a timely and cost-effective manner with adherence to technical quality standards and donor guidelines. You will lead and inspire the strategic directions of the programme, ensuring synergy between its different components as well as high quality, accountable and innovative programme implementation. You will be responsible for nurturing relations with donors and other stakeholders as well as for identifying fundraising opportunities and building partnerships to sustain a continuous growth of the programme. You will also ensure a strong focus on security management, conducting regular monitoring and analysis of the security environment.
DCA is a Danish humanitarian, non-government and non-profit organisation working in Bangladesh since the 1980s. It has an office in Dhaka and established an office in Cox’s Bazar in December 2017 as a response to the influx of Rohingya refugees. The country programme has five main components: gender-based violence, education in emergency, disaster risk reduction as well as livelihood and value chain. The first four components are part of DCA’s humanitarian response to the Rohingya crisis in Cox’s Bazar. Part of DCA’s work is realised through direct implementation, part through partners implementation.
- At least five years of previous work experience in leadership and result-based management position in an equivalent position
- University degree with advanced training/courses either in management, international relations, development studies, or other related fields
- Extensive project management experience (management, planning, staff development and training skills) in humanitarian and development programmes
- Experience with both direct project implementation as well as implementation through local partners.
- Proven experience in the development of strategic plans and objectives
- Experience in GBV/PSS, DRR and cash-based programming a plus
- Practical and extensive financial and administration management experience
- Strong negotiation and interpersonal skills, and flexibility in cultural and organisational terms
- Experience with manging grants from various donors, in particular ECHO, UNICEF, Danida
- Ability to work well under pressure and in a setting like Cox’s Bazar
- Excellent skills in written and spoken English
- Knowledge of local language and/or regional experience will be an added advantage
For further information, please contact Cecilie Bjørnskov-Johansen, DCA Programme Director email@example.com