DanChurchAid (DCA) is looking for a Country Director for Lebanon
DCA , Beirut, Lebanon
Are you looking for an opportunity to lead a team of mine action and humanitarian professionals in a country under extreme pressure? Can you support an established mine action programme and develop humanitarian interventions to excellence and growth, and ensure quality and accountability throughout the whole programme?
As our new Country Director, you will lead the DCA country team and ensure good staff welfare and conducive working environment for 60 national and 2 international staff. You will lead and inspire the strategic direction and organisational development of the programme, ensuring high quality, accountable and innovative programme implementation. You bring a conflict sensitive approach and be responsible for nurturing relations with national authorities, donors, partners, and other stakeholders as well as for identifying fundraising opportunities. You will also ensure a strong focus on security management and duty.
You will be working from the DCA main office in Tyre and must anticipate regular trips to Beirut.
The DCA Lebanon Country Programme
DCA aims to save lives and build resilience within vulnerable communities in Lebanon. We clear landmines and other explosive remnants of war to enable release of land to the population for improved socio-economic development, reduce the risks, support victims, and develop national capacities. DCA provides protection and immediate assistance to refugees including emergency response, resilience building activities, and psychosocial support.
Key responsibilities of the Country Director include:
- Overall leadership and management of the country programme
- To define and implement DCA’s country strategy and develop the country programme
- To resource the vision and strategy and ensure continued consolidation of the programme
- To ensure delivery with relevance, effectiveness, transparency, and accountability in all areas of work including all relevant country office performance indicators
- To ensure compliance with SOPs and the Lebanese labour law
- To lead and mentor our team of dedicated international and national staff
- To represent DCA in Lebanon towards national and local authorities, international and national humanitarian stakeholders and communities
- To write proposals and donor reports and manage donor, grant and stakeholder relationships.
We are looking for the following qualifications and experience:
- Minimum 3 years leadership experience at a similar level, within the humanitarian sector
- Strong programme implementation experience and all-round knowledge of financial, administrative, logistic and operational management **
- Strong communications skills, both spoken and written. Fluency in written and spoken English (knowledge of Arabic will be an advantage)**
- Strong ability to plan, coordinate and lead processes that include multiple stakeholders and interests
- Proven ability to mentor, coach and develop staff, and create a conducive working environment
- Experience with fundraising, networking, donor liaison and coordination.
- Strong analytical skills and capacity
- Good command and interest in grants and financial management and compliance**
- Cultural sensitivity, strong communication and diplomatic skills, with the ability to build relations both within and outside DCA
- A relevant academic qualification**
- Experience from the Lebanon or near region is an added advantage.**
- A one-year renewable contract
- Non-family posting based in Tyre with in-country travel
- A competitive salary package to be negotiated based on experience level
- 6 weeks of paid vacation
- Insurance as per industry standards
- An opportunity to make a difference and improve the lives of vulnerable people and people living at risk from landmines and other explosive remnants
Qualified and interested candidates irrespective of age, gender, race, religion, or ethnic affiliation are encouraged to apply for the vacancy. Only applications in English and consisting as a minimum of a CV and a cover letter will be considered, and only short-listed candidates will be contacted. Please note that only applications submitted through our recruitment system will be considered:
Everyone applying for a job with DCA must be ready to comply with our Staff Policy on Prevention of Sexual Exploitation, Abuse and Harassment and our Child Safeguarding policy.
DCA conducts an anti-terror check as part of the recruitment process. It is a prerequisite that you can pass this check and maintain this status throughout your employment with us.
For further information regarding this position, please contact Marianne Holmen Sloth, Programme Coordinator, on email@example.com. For more information on DCA, please visit our website,