Sightsavers, Dhaka, Bangladesh
Contract: 2 year Fixed Term Contract
Salary: Local Terms and Conditions Apply
Location: This role is based in Bangladesh Country Office, Dhaka with possible remote working as a Covid-19 adjustment.
Sightsavers is going through a digital transformation in data analytics through the provision of Power BI reports to all relevant user groups within the organisation. Data analytics is increasingly supporting the management, development and monitoring of programmes and projects throughout Sightsavers Portfolio.
Sightsavers is searching for an experienced and highly competent Data Analyst to support the production and maintenance of a suite of Power BI reports and the migration of existing Excel reports into Power BI. The key function of this role will then be to support Sightsavers’ international country offices to analyse their programme data, conduct data deep dives and provide analytical skills training, primarily using these Power BI reports.
Data Analyst responsibilities include:
- Capacity building of staff internationally in data analysis skills.
- Conduct data analysis on Sightsavers projects to support staff to increase project performance.
- Strengthen country office capacity on data analysis and reporting.
- Develop visual data analytic tools.
- Assist in the creation and maintenance of Power BI reports and dashboards across the organisation, ensuring accessibility.
As Data Analyst, you will have:
- A graduate level qualification or have equivalent experience, in Statistics, Information Systems, International Development or any other with a core statistical/analytical component.
- Proficient in the use of Power BI, Tableau or other data visualisation software.
- A proven successful track record of working with organisational data management systems and applying data analysis/statistical techniques to data (ideally in health or international development).
- An understanding of good data cleaning practices to prepare data sets for use in analytics software.
- Experience of working and supporting staff in different contexts (face to face, online).
- Good analytical skills with the ability to identify important issues and communicate these effectively to a non-technical audience.
- Understanding of international development issues.
- A commitment to equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
- Fluent English language skills.
- Master’s degree in International Development, International Relations, Geography, Statistics or appropriate equivalent.
- Knowledge of mHealth and the use of new technology in a health care setting.
- Experience of digital transformation, implementing new software/tools/working practices within an organisation.
- SQL knowledge.
- French and/or Portuguese language skills.
- Availability to travel internationally up to 12 weeks per year (Covid-19 restrictions permitting).
This is a highly varied and involved role and the above is not an exhaustive list of duties requirements. For further information please refer to the Job Description.