Data Entrant and Trainer/User Support
Palladium , El Salvador
Data Entrant and Trainer/User Support
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
This announcement will be used to hire up to 4 consultants, 3 of whom are expected to be seconded to the Ministry of Health (MINSAL).
Role: Consultant will enter data and train others on the use of Ministry of Health (Ministerio de Salud) surveillance forms for: 1) reporting suspected and confirmed cases of COVID-19 into surveillance information system (Sistema de Vigilancia Epidemiologica en Salud [VIGEPES]); and 2) registering deaths from COVID-19 in the system for morbidity and mortality (Sistema de MorbiMortalidad en Linea [SIMMOW]). These information systems are managed by MINSAL.
Palladium develops and delivers solutions that create positive impact for communities, businesses, societies and economies. We transform lives and create enduring value by working with governments, corporations and non-profit organisations. We create positive impact through more than 100 current projects with more than 2000 employees operating in over 90 countries.
Palladium implements the USAID-funded Health Policy Plus (HP+) Project. HP+ strengthens health systems through evidence-informed policies, sustainable health financing, improved governance, and leadership and advocacy toward Sustainable Development Goals. The project aims to improve the enabling environment for equitable and sustainable health services, supplies, and delivery systems. Its efforts emphasize voluntary, rights-based health programs, and strengthening in-country partners' capacity in policy, advocacy, governance, and finance. To date, HP+ has worked in 46 countries, helped mobilize US$1 billion in additional investments in health services, collaborated with more than 1,140 partner organizations, and contributed to the development, adoption, or strengthening of more than 115 policies, operational strategies, and legal and regulatory frameworks.
The emergence of the global COVID-19 pandemic has posed new challenges for already strained health systems around the world. With USAID support, the HP + project is making efforts in Honduras, Guatemala, and El Salvador to help governments and stakeholders respond more efficiently and effectively to COVID-19.
This position has four main functions:
- Enter surveillance data into VIGEPES and SIMMOW.
- Provide on-the-job assistance to others to enter data accurately and to understand the functionality of the software.Provide basic software troubleshooting.
- Assist HP+ to conduct formal trainings on these systems. This may include instructional duties. Trainings may be conducted in-person or remotely.
- Assist with organization of trainings related to surveillance to be carried out by HP+.
Three positions will report to a supervisor within MINSAL. The other will report principally to the HP+ Surveillance Technical Advisor, and to the HP+ Country Coordinator as necessary.
The responsibilities below illustrative. They are subject to input from MINSAL and may change as the needs of the project evolve.
- Enter data from COVID-19 surveillance forms into VIGEPES.
- Enter data on deaths from COVID-19 into SIMMOW.
- Train users in the entry of the data noted above into VIGEPES and SIMMOW.Training will be a combination of formal in-person or remote sessions and on-the-job ad hoc training.
- If requested, may participate in data quality improvement initiatives such as reviewing the data entered by others against the source data (i.e. surveillance forms).
- Support users as needed in understanding the functionality of VIGEPES and SIMMOW. Troubleshoot simple issues.
- Document and report bugs and other issues to MINSAL according to their established processes.
- Execute tasks for the successful organization of training courses being offered by HP+. Examples of activities include registering participants; preparing materials; maintaining attendance records and issues certificates. (The sessions could be related to aspects of surveillance besides entry of data into VIGEPES and SIMMOW.)
- Work closely with local HP + team technical staff in implementing activities.
- Develop and maintain excellent working relationships with the Department of Health Surveillance (Departamento de Vigilancia Sanitaria).
- Occasional travel to conduct trainings may be required. This may include overnight stays of a brief duration.
- Weekly plan of activities.
- Weekly report of the number of forms entered into VIGEPES and SIMMOW.