Deputy Chief of Party - Ukraine HOVERLA Activity
Tetra Tech , Ukraine
Tetra Tech International Development Services , headquartered in Arlington, Virginia in the United States, is currently accepting expressions of interest from qualified candidates for a potential Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) position on a U.S. Agency for International Development (USAID)-funded project in Ukraine. The goal of this project is to continue USG support to the Government of Ukraine in implementing a more decentralized, transparent, and community-focused governance model. This Activity will strengthen and deepen democratic governance reforms and institution-building in Ukraine and ensure that more decisions and policies are being set at the local level, with more resources flowing from the central government down to local communities.
Position Description/Summary: Working under the overall direction of the Chief of Party (COP) and in coordination with project technical staff and external partners, the DCOP will ensure the timely and effective delivery of project activities and results. The DCOP will provide technical leadership for one or more project components, support the COP in project management and donor relations, and serve as the technical and program point of contact in the absence of the COP. This will be a full-time position based in Kyiv.
- Master’s degree or higher in public administration, economics, business, law, social sciences, or a related field;
- Minimum of ten (10) years of demonstrated, progressively responsible field operations experience in the successful implementation of public administration, local government support, or governance reform programs;
- Minimum of five (5) years of working experience in a senior supervisory role on similar donor-funded programs; experience on USAID contracts of similar size and scope strongly preferred;
- Demonstrated experience working with counterparts at various levels of government and the private sector in managing international development assistance projects;
- Demonstrated excellent managerial skillset with high levels of responsibility;
- Proven experience navigating complex and high-pressure operating environments;
- Professional written and spoken proficiency in English is required. Ukrainian and Russian is strongly preferred;
- Prior experience living and working in Ukraine (preferred);
- Qualified applicants from Ukraine highly encouraged to apply.