Digital Health Lead
Palladium , Beijing, China
Digital Health Lead
Palladium is a global leader in the design, development and delivery of Positive Impact - the intentional creation of enduring social and economic value. We work with foundations, investors, governments, corporations, communities and civil society to formulate strategies and implement solutions that generate lasting social, environmental and financial benefits.
For the past 50 years, we have been making Positive Impact possible. With a team of more than 2,500 employees operating in 90 plus countries and a global network of more than 35,000 technical experts, Palladium has improved - and is committed to continuing to improve - economies, societies and most importantly, people's lives.
Palladium is a child-safe organisation, and screens applicants for suitability to work with children. We also provide equal employment to all participants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, disability, sexual orientation, veteran or marital status.
Project Overview and Role:
Palladium is seeking a Digital Health Lead for Outcome 3: Primary Healthcare Monitoring and Notification System for a Prosperity Fund health programme in China called Primary Care Response to COVID-19.
The programme is part of the Prosperity fund China Health Programme and will promote affordable, accessible and integrated healthcare services for managing COVID-19 and epidemic-potential disease, including for vulnerable groups, including ethnic minorities, remote rural populations, the older people and the socially excluded women, through three key areas at both national and local levels.
PCRC-19 will be delivered in the Sichuan Gansu and Hubei provinces as well as in the National Level.
Reporting to: Team Leader
Duration: 1 year, full-time
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
The Outcome 3 Lead will be responsible for technical oversight and leadership in relation to Outcome 3, which relates to Primary healthcare monitoring and notification systems adapted to build preparedness for COVID-19 and epidemic-potential diseases using digital tools and systems. This role will involve working effectively with stakeholders both at national, provincial and county level, collaborating with the Provincial Leads as well as with Expert Health Advisors.
At a local level:
* Provide technical expertise and oversight in relation to Outcome 3, working closely with the provincial teams against a costed workplan plan to ensure delivery on time and budget.
* Pilot study of digital tools and systems that focus upon monitoring and notification to increase preparedness for COVID-19 and epidemic-potential disease, (i.e. diagnostics and monitoring).
* Recommend select health technology tools to be integrated at local level in primary care to strengthen regional digital primary care strategy, including potential incentive mechanism to ensure adoption.
At a national level:
* Report to the Project Director to ensure effective implementation of the Outcome 2 activities and achievement of the programme's objectives and milestones on time and within budget;
* Monitor implementation progress in relation to Outcome 3; maintain up to date project logs and registers; work to resolve issues, manages, and mitigates risks; and escalate material issues and risks as appropriate;
* Hire appropriately skilled technical experts to deliver against the programme activities related to Outcome 3.
* Collaborate with Chinese central government to promote promote best practices and mutual learning in leadership and management regarding COVID-19 related monitoring and notification systems, through in-person or online dialogue and/or continuous interactive events.
* Conduct knowledge exchange activities between UK and China government and specialist stakeholders to promote mutual learning.
* Provide recommendations for technology-enabled monitoring and notification systems for supporting vulnerable groups, including the ethnic minorities, those living in remote and rural regions, the older people and the socially excluded women.
Required Qualifications: Requirements
* Educated to university degree level or above, preferably holding a Master’s degree and/or a M.D qualification; lack of academic background can be compensated by experience.
* Extensive experience in working in healthcare programmes in China.
Experience of working on digital health care solutions and monitoring and notification systems, specifically in the Hubei, Gansu or Sichuan provinces is desirable.
* Areas of experience and expertise encouraged include: Application of digital solutions to improvement of healthcare service provision and information management, Monitoring and notification systems, Primary Health Care processes in China, COVID-19 and epidemic-potential diseases preparedness using digital tools and systems.
* Knowledge of global best practice in relation to monitoring and notification systems and COVID-19 and epidemic-potential diseases preparedness using digital tools and systems.
* Strong pre-existing relationships with the Chinese Ministry of Health and relevant health stakeholders in Sichuan and/or Hubei and Gansu provinces as well as at a National level.
* Being both an excellent leader and team player, with excellent interpersonal skills and comfortable working in a multi-disciplinary team.
* Familiarity with the political, social, economic, and cultural context of China required.
* Experience working with donors on health programmes in a management role.
* Fluency in Mandarin Chinese and in English is a must.
Chinese Nationals strongly encouraged to