DIRECTOR - PROGRAM QUALITY
CARE USA , Gaziantep, Turkey
CARE is an international NGO with local staff and community partners in more than 90 countries. We create local solutions to poverty and inequality and we seek dignity for everyone every day and during times of crisis. These solutions have a broad range, from clean water to access to education; from microfinance to ensuring that everyone has nutritious food; from agriculture and climate change to disaster response. CARE puts women and girls at the center of everything we do because they have proven to be the best hope for creating lasting change in the world. Our staff live where they work, which makes us effective at understanding the challenges they face. We’ve been doing this for over 70 years, since World War II. It started with the world’s first CARE Package® of food for the post-war hungry in Europe. Our work today is as important as ever, we believe that poverty and inequality are historic injustices that we can end within a generation, for good. If you share our core beliefs: poverty is an injustice; poverty is solvable; and together, we have the power to end it, join us, and fight with CARE.
CARE Turkey is seeking an experienced and innovative Director, Program Quality (DPQ) who will be a member of CARE Turkey’s CORE Management Team (CMT). The DPQ will assume overall responsibility, leadership, and management of the CO’s Program Quality Unit. The DPQ is expected to provide strategic leadership in the areas of program development, monitoring and evaluation, and learning as well as crosscutting technical expertise.
In this role, the Director, Program Quality, will lead the development of a coherent approach and set priorities to advance CI’s Global Vision and Mission and Regional and Country Office priorities. S/he will oversee program quality for both the Cross Border and Refugee Program including, Knowledge management, program design and development, and program quality**: monitoring, evaluation, learning, and impact measurement.**
The DPQ will contribute significantly to the Country Office’s commitment to long-term, quality programming. S/he will be expected to lead technical improvements in program design and development to ensure quality and adherence to programming standards and CARE’s programming principles and also manage a team of professionals focused on the design, funding, monitoring, and evaluation of programs and projects (including emergency programs), , research, advocacy and communications that is informed by lessons learned and realities on the ground.
The DPQ will ensure that our approaches are based on sound contextual and needs analyses, in coordination with and support from CARE wide technical teams, and in collaboration and coordination with the CARE Syria CO as and when needed. S/he will demonstrate that the CO programs are achieving impact against agreed-upon indicators and that the impact is being measured and reported. S/he will also be accountable to provide feedback, support, and guidance to both Program and Program Quality units as well as Partners and arrange for training and/or capacity building in areas identified as priorities including the power of storytelling and engagement.
This position, which will be based in Gaziantep, will report directly to the Country Director and may be required to act when she is out of the country or office.
- Organizational programmatic priorities
- Impact measurement and program performance - develop and maintain exceptional PQ
- Create and maintain a culture of reflective people, learning, and knowledge management
- Staff management
- External relations and partnerships
- Bachelor’s Degree in a related field
- At least 5 years’ experience in strategic and operational management - including innovation and leading in Program strategy, design, and implementation Skilled in coordinating networks and building synergies across teams.
- Demonstrated ability to build and lead effective teams
- Advanced communication, facilitation, and consensus-building skills
- Strong demonstrative experience in change management including strategic and business planning and leading organizational transformation coupled with a sound knowledge of program quality, program development and implementation and partnerships, remote management and monitoring and GED.