International Rescue Committee, New York, United States
The Director, Human Resources Operations in close partnership with IRC’s IT organization will lead all human resources operations process and practice design, development, implementation and on-going improvement. The span and scope of these responsibilities encompasses process accountability across the entire candidate, employee and past employee life-cycle, from pre-recruitment through post termination. This individual will own the voice of the field and the HR function and will be responsible for representing, delivering and owning business requirements with IRC IT, IRC Finance, IRC Global Supply Chain, external vendors and others as needed.
- Leads Projects: Leads human resources process and practices efforts domestically and globally; develops strategy and influences human resource process and practices across Regional and National locations.
- Voice of the Field and Function: Owns developing, delivering and implementing with partners functional and field requirements across all HR delivery platforms.
- Vendor and Solution Management: With partners leads the identification, selection and management of HR operations related vendor services and solutions.
- HR Shared Service Team: Will develop and run an end-to-end shared services HR operations team encompassing all global recruitment and HR administration activities
- Data: With partners leads the identification, selection and management of HR operations related data collecting, reporting and analysis.
- Creates and Maintains Project Plans and Schedules: Develops, and continually updates, detailed project/program management plans. Ensures PM methodology is adhered to and incorporates regular updates from each functional team.
- Manage Project Status Reporting: Prepares status reports to convey project scope, goals, milestones, budget, risk, status, change requests, and critical issues to the client and project team.
- Lead Project Cost Estimation and Ongoing Budget Tracking: Provides budget information to Project Managers. Assists in developing costs estimates and analyzing data.
- Perform Project Resource Management: Provides work direction and leadership to assigned projects, including scheduling, assignment of work and review of project efforts. Identifies project resource requirements and staff assignments. Checks for staff availabilities. Updates the project plan with work assignments.
- Conducts Risk Management: Maintains documentation for identified risks and mitigation strategies. Proactively gathers and updates risk status and documentation as needed.
- Support Stakeholder Management: Works with technology and business owners to analyze stakeholder expectations for projects based upon approved project requirements.
- Conduct Project Business Analysis: Works with project team members and stakeholders to anticipate and manage changes to projects, such as but not limited to, technical and functional requirements, business requirements and milestone schedule
- Provide Overall Project Administration: Participates in program team meetings, proactively documents track issues, decisions and action items, and follow-up between meetings to drive issues to closure.
- Other Support Duties as Needed: Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- 10 years of experience coordinating project efforts including, but not limited to, Human Resource system, process and practices implementations and HR business improvement projects.
- Expertise in HR processes and functional practices
- Significant experience with enterprise-wide, global human resources SaaS solutions (e.g. Workday, Cornerstone, Taleo, various Time & Attendance and etc.) demonstrating successful implementations, change management, on-going support and de-conversions.
- Expertise utilizing and championing Project Management software and tools
- Knowledge of best practice Project Management methodologies
- Experience with cross-functional project coordination
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings, presentations, written status updates, project documentation, etc.), as well as, an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications
- Exceptional partnership and collaborations skills
- Strong organizational and time-management skills; proven ability to prioritize and deliver on time
- Strong analytic problem solving skills
- Ability to work both independently and in a dynamic, cross-functional global team structure
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with stakeholders at all levels
- Ability to manage and work through change
- Standard office working environment with FlexWorks options as appropriate
- Significant global travel on occasion