Director of M&E, Esho Shikhi “Come and Learn” Activity
Winrock International, Chattagam, Bangladesh
POSITION TITLE: Director of M&E, Esho Shikhi “Come and Learn” Activity
LOCATION: Cox’s Bazar, Bangladesh
DEPARTMENT: Civil Society & Education
REPORTS TO: Chief of Party, Esho Shikhi “Come and Learn” Activity
POSITION SUMMARY: The Director M&E will be responsible for implementing and managing the M&E team and activities, including the coordination of project evaluations and delivering a Performance Monitoring and Evaluation Plan (PMEP) for a high-quality, results-oriented project focused on improving quality of education for children and youth in Cox’s Bazar.
The position is contingent upon receipt of donor funding.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES: The Director of M&E will oversee the implementation of the program’s M&E activities and data reporting requirements. S/he will also serve as the liaison and point of contact with USAID and any external evaluation contractors throughout the life of the project. Specific responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Manage a rigorous approach to monitoring and evaluation, including mobile and web-based technologies, and experimental and quasi experimental evaluations in systems for monitoring performance toward specific goals and objectives;
- Oversee implementation of a baseline study on the indicators of the activity, including review of tools and survey methodology; training of enumerators and review of data quality and analysis;
- Collaborate and liaise with the external evaluation contractor to design and carry out mid-term and end-term evaluations;
- Conduct a baseline survey;
- Design and implement a PMEP in coordination with USAID, including selection and tracking of specific indicators, developing strategies for data collection and regular reporting on approved indicators;
- Develop criteria for beneficiary selection and tracking;
- Handle the day-to-day tracking, and reporting on activities under the award;
- Design data collection instruments, schedules, analysis methods, and applied technologies;
- Monitor the results of the program’s activities and contribute to periodic evaluations/assessments; contribute to the analysis and dissemination of results to internal and external audiences;
- Contribute to research design and methodology for project-related research (separate from baseline survey);
- Contribute extensively to quarterly and annual reports;
- Other duties as assigned.
Education: Master’s level degree required, in social sciences, such as statistics, public policy, economics or a related field, and/or specialized training/certification in monitoring & evaluation. Alternatively, a Bachelor’s level degree with five years of relevant work experience beyond the degree.
- At least seven years of progressively responsible experience in the monitoring & evaluation of donor-funded international development projects; at least three of which were at a manager level. Part of this experience should have been obtained working on education programs.
- Knowledge of USG reporting requirements, including experience designing and implementing Monitoring and Evaluation Plans, rigorous impact evaluation design, and working with external consultants for third party evaluations.
- Understanding of impact evaluation methodology and research methodology strongly preferred.
- Understanding of national level MIS approaches and existing government databases/data collection preferred.
- Excellent written and oral communication skill in English is required.
- Fluency Bengali in required.
- Proficiency in word processing, spreadsheet (preferably Microsoft Access and Excel), and presentation software (Microsoft PowerPoint).
- Familiarity with database and statistical applications such as DevResults, SPSS, SAS or STATA.