Director of Technical Support and Resourcing, USAID Jordan Technical Assistance Program (JTAP), Jord
SI , Jordan
Social Impact is a global development management consulting firm. We provide monitoring, evaluation, strategic planning, and capacity building services to advance development effectiveness. We work across all development sectors including democracy and governance, health and education, the environment, and economic growth. Since 1997 we have worked in over 100 countries for clients such as US government agencies, bilateral donors, multilateral development banks, foundations, and nonprofits.
Social Impact is preparing a proposal for an upcoming five-year USAID Jordan Technical Assistance Program (JTAP). JTAP will transform the organizational culture and technical and institutional capacity within the Government of Jordan (GoJ) to successfully implement education and youth reforms supported by direct USAID investment, by providing complementary technical assistance to relevant stakeholders. This Activity will be implemented nationwide, supporting a broad range of education and youth stakeholders and GoJ counterparts at central-level Ministries, governorate and field directorate-level entities, as well as other relevant actors. This Activity will also include a strong focus on co-creation with the GoJ in the assessment of needs and identification of opportunities and solutions, and the development of annual work plans that align closely with the Partner Government Systems agreements. The project is expected to begin in early 2021.
SI is seeking a Director of Technical Support and Resourcing to oversee development and delivery of tailored technical assistance plans for the MOE and MOY and other stakeholders. This will be a full-time position for the duration of the contract, reporting to the COP.
**Please note: This is a local position. Only candidates with Jordanian citizenship are eligible to apply.
- Oversee and coordinate interventions that include a mix of training, on-the-job coaching, embedded support, research, data analysis, coordination, outreach and any other interventions to ensure that weaknesses in GoJ systems, policies, practices and behaviors are adequately addressed.
- Supervise and oversee technical advisors for Education, Youth, ICT, Gender and Social Inclusion, and Staff Augmentation, coordinating related activities.
- Implement and manage continuous quality improvement and internal learning processes in order to ensure JTAP services are meeting the needs of USAID and the Jordan MOE and MOY.
- Oversee partner inputs and staff as they respond to service, material, and technical assistance requests.
- Minimum of a Master’s degree in international development, education, social sciences, public policy, or related fields.
- Minimum of five years of experience in organizational and individual capacity development for or within government agencies.
- Excellent management and organizational skills.
- Excellent supervisory skills.
- Flexible, self-motivating, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently.
- Willingness to work closely with team members.
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Arabic.
- Experience working in education and/or youth programs preferred.