DISTRICT COORDINATOR - PURNIMA WASH
Oxfam GB , Nepal
DISTRICT COORDINATOR - PURNIMA WASH
"Applicable for Nepali Nationals only"
Duration: Fixed term contract until December 2021 with possibility of extension
Requirement: 3 (one in each district)
Location: Dhading, Gorkha and Nuwakot
District Coordinator – Purnima WaSH is responsible for overseeing the implementation of the Purnima-WASH project of the respective district. The jobholder will ensure that the project is on time, on target and on budget and meets the quality benchmarks set up for the project by providing technical and management steering to staff and partners.
What we are looking for
District Coordinator- Purnima WaSH will require to be exceptional, dedicated, and highly motivated professional, with a strong commitment to Oxfam's values and beliefs with the following qualification and competencies:
- Master’s Degree in project management/ public health/ environmental science/ construction management/ Civil engineering and other related discipline with at least 3 years’ experience of managing construction of community-based water supply systems, sanitation and hygiene project or Bachelor’s Degree in project management/ public health/ environmental science/ construction management/ Civil engineering and other related discipline with at least 5 years’ experience of managing construction of community-based water supply systems, sanitation and hygiene project
- Strong water, sanitation and hygiene conceptual, analytical and planning skills.
- Understanding of water and sanitation need of women, disable, children and elderly population
- Experience in working with NGOs, local government and WUCs.
- Knowledge and experience in WASH related capacity building activities of NGOs, local government and WUCs
- Training, facilitation, coaching skills to build capacity of team and other stakeholders
- Proven team leadership and proven track record in achieving great team performance and sound ability to work together with others and independently as required
- Proven decision-making capability
- Is strong in connecting, networking and linking with different stakeholders
This role will provide you with an opportunity to make a difference in Oxfam by working closely with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their field of Gender, WASH and Water Governance, Resilience and Climate Justice and so forth along with the national and international training and development opportunities. Our offer consists of fair pay and competitive benefits package.
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our are recruited to work for us.
The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation.
All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks. Oxfam GB also participates in the. In line with this Scheme, we will request information from job applicants’ previous employers about any findings of sexual exploitation, sexual abuse and/or sexual harassment during employment, or incidents under investigation when the applicant left employment. By submitting an application, the job applicant confirms his/her understanding of these recruitment procedures.
We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.