International Rescue Committee, United States
- Operate vehicles safely and efficiently.
- Transport clients to and from bus stations, airports, shelters and other drop off points, and assist with minor travel coordination at the location.
- Assist clients in navigating airport travel arrangements, including how to read arrival and departure boards, how to read their tickets, escorting clients through TSA security to their departure gate and assisting with flight boarding as necessary.
- Assist clients in navigating bus terminal travel arrangements, including how to read their tickets, bus transfers, arrival and departures and assisting with boarding as necessary.
- Ensure all client data is captured and recorded accurately.
- Participate in all program meetings, staff development activities, and fully engages as a member of the team.
- Comply with all policies, procedures and protocols of the agency.
- Assist with fleet management; take the vans to the garage for maintenance as scheduled.
- Ensure the inside and outside of vehicles are properly cleaned and fueled on an ongoing basis
- Report accidents or other safety issues to the Team Lead- Blythe.
- Support statewide efforts to support the needs of asylum seekers as requested and needed.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- H.S. Diploma or GED required.
- Clean driving record required; experience driving a passenger van and knowledge of Phoenix road system preferred; must possess the ability to rent a vehicle when needed.
- Must have a valid driver’s license; active insurance policy; and access to reliable transportation.
- Ability and willingness to drive a 15 passenger van.
- Previous experience working with non-English speakers, knowledge of asylee process preferred.
- Fluency in written and spoken English; bilingual Spanish required.
- Good communication skills; experience in a multi-cultural environment preferred.
- Ability to prioritize, think on one’s feet, and manage time effectively.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and possess strong problem-solving skills.
- Must be able to work flexible hours; including evenings and weekends.
- Regular travel within the service delivery area, including day travel to Tucson.