Save the Children , Sierra Leone
This role will be to provide support to the Fleet Officer in delivering programme and other operational functions by safely transporting staff, partners, visitors and other people to ensure we are able to deliver our work to children and those that help them. You will also be responsible for assisting the secure loading and transportation of goods and materials that assist us to perform our work.
The post holder must recognise that he/she is often seen as the public face of the organisation and so will be expected to behave in a suitable manner, and ensure that our vehicles reflect this in how they are driven and maintained.
In the event of a major humanitarian emergency, the role holder will be expected to work outside the normal role profile and be able to vary working hours accordingly.
- Must have attain at least basic certificate in education or Form 3.
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- Must have at least 3 years driving experience preferably with an INGO
- Sound knowledge of road systems.
- Knowledge of Vehicle systems.
- Experience & knowledge in performing basic maintenance checks.
- Must be able to write and speak English.
- Must be able to communicate clearly, effectively and confidently with international Staff through one to one contact and by use of cell phone and HF & VHF Radio equipment.
- Ability to be reasonable to other road users and must be security conscious.
- Must be flexible and sociable.
- Commitment to and understanding of Save the Children’s aims, values, and principles.
- * Willingness to commit to Save the Children’s code of Conduct, Child Protection, Fraud & Whistle Blowing Policies.
- * Must possess basic mechanical skills.
- * Must be able to detect faults.
- Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct
- The post holder is required to sign Save the Children’s Child Protection Policy and Code of Conduct and respect their requirements and values. All Save the Children staff must understand their responsibilities concerning reporting of violations to this policy.
- The post holder must remain mindful that Save the Children’s operations can take place in potentially insecure environments, and therefore must heed any instructions relating to security from senior managers. The post holder is authorised to refuse to drive in situations where he/she believes the passengers are asking that such instructions be ignored.
- The post holder must report all security incidents immediately to the Country Director or Logistics Manager.
- Undertake any other reasonable duties requested by a line manager, where they do not go against the Operations Policy.
CONTRACT LENGTH: 12 Months
Closing Date: 25th September, 2020
We employ approximately 25,000 people across the globe and work on the ground in over 100 countries to help children affected by crises, or those that need better healthcare, education and child protection. We also campaign and advocate at the highest levels to realize the right of children and to ensure their voices are heard.
We are working towards three breakthroughs in how the world treats children by 2030:
- No child dies from preventable causes before their 5th birthday
- All children learn from a quality basic education and that,
- Violence against children is no longer tolerated
We know that great people make a great organization, and that our employees play a crucial role in helping us achieve our ambitions for children. We value our people and offer a meaningful and rewarding career, along with a collaborative and inclusive workplace where ambition, creativity, and integrity are highly valued.
Applicants are advised that
Save the Children International does not require any payment or expense during the entire recruitment process and we maintain zero tolerance to dual employment. Any request in this direction should be immediately
Please apply using a cover letter and up-to-date CV as a single document. Please also include details of your current remuneration and salary expectations.
- Candidates should apply through the links that will be provided.
- Applicants should attach a copy of a valid Labour Card to their applications
- Please apply in English using your CV and covering letter as a single document and include your current remuneration and salary expectations for this role.
WOMEN ARE STRONGLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY