E-Learning Education Coordinator
Plan International , Amman, Jordan
Plan International is an independent child rights and humanitarian organisation committed to children living a life free of poverty, violence and injustice. Plan actively unite children, communities and other people who share our mission to make positive lasting changes in children’s and young people’s lives. Plan support children to gain the skills, knowledge and confidence they need to claim their rights to a fulfilling life, today and in the future. Plan place a specific focus on girls and women, who are most often left behind. Plan have been building powerful partnerships for children for more than 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Plan International Jordan is established in 2016 and has programmes in Azraq refugee camp and host communities.
Plan International in Jordan is seeking to expand its Technical Team through recruiting an experienced E-learning Education Coordinator who will be working jointly with the Education Specialist and other Technical Team specialists to respond to both development and humanitarian programs, and in particular to the needs of the most at-risk population – children and youth (especially girls and boys).
The Technical Team is comprised of the (Education, Gender and SRHR , and CP &GBV Specialists as well as the MERL team).
The e-learning education coordinator will be based in Amman with frequent travel to Education projects locations inside Jordan which include (Mafraq, Amman, Azraq camp, and others areas).
Dimensions of the Role
The E-learning Education Coordinator is required to support the implementation of Plan’s multi-sectoral education programs including education in emergencies (EiE), and coordinate response and coordination efforts in Jordan. This main role for the E-learning Education Coordinator is to provide guidance and execute all aspects of the e-learning strategy for target groups. He/she will work to integrate suitable technology method into our programs to enhance beneficiaries/partners learning and engagement. He/she is responsible for tasks and assignments associated with the development of needed trainings and liaising with relevant stakeholders.
He/ She will support the Education Specialist in monitoring e-learning activity progress in the field and provide accurate and timely status reports and support contributing to technical inputs provided of donor reports.
Education Programme Design, Development and Implementation:
- Contribute toward developing a guidance on e-learning community mobilization/awareness raising (to be used on-line) related to the provision of program components related to education, targeting partners and direct beneficiaries;
- Integrating e-learning content to support the ongoing education projects and Plan programs;
- Support in developing and designing learning material, coordinate, and review educational content, and incorporate current technology in developing specific eLearning content for target groups, including online platforms[L1] ;
- Work with relevant specialists to provide innovative technological approaches for e-learning existing education content in order to come up with holistic e-learning education packages which includes ( e-learning activities, M&E tools, feedback surveys, etc)[L2]
- Develop e-learning capacity building plan for the partners;
- Develop and deliver training in Apps, using multimedia for awareness and online teaching e-learning, including training to selected youth;
- Support the integration of technology, tablets, and other devices as learning tools into partner programs and learning setting; and enable youth to apply e-learning skills in their personal development/career paths;
- Assist with preparing communications to partners and program concerning trends and updates for e-learning and media literacy, and best practices in e-learning learning.
- Work with Instructional Designers, Graphic Designers, and programmers to support eLearning content requirements.
- Run demos of the system and provide training to individuals and users groups.
Monitoring, Implementation and Reporting:
- To work closely with Plan International Jordan’s MERL staff to ensure that tools and methodologies are developed according to the e-learning materials and aligned with global priorities and are implemented in a coordinated and phased manner, in accordance with Plan International’s guide lines, best practices and policy;
- To coordinate closely with project managers to identify and raise technical challenges partners face in the delivery of education and EiE relevant activities and services and propose tools and mechanisms to overcome them in a timely manner;
- Provide supervision and guidance to the project partner, in close consultation with the relevant departments.
- Facilitate regular review meetings with staff, national and local partners in order to ensure effective implementation of the education project’s activities
- Conduct regular field visits to project sites and partner.
- To maintain effective and efficient oversight, quality control and reporting systems and processes that ensure regular field monitoring and modifications as required. Undertake all other duties that may be determined by the line manager and Country Director and that are compatible with the jo Maintain and develop mechanisms to monitor and evaluate the impact of the partner’s work, and ensure learning is integrated into future program design;
- Coordination and Communication:
- Support in collecting quantitative and qualitative data in accordance with the monitoring and evaluation plan and provide updates;
- Ensure effective information sharing and learning across agencies including providing quarterly updates on education related activities for internal and external purposes;
- work closely with the MoE in order to ensure consistent sharing of expertise and lessons learned on the e-learning aspect;
- Update relevant project’s outline –as relevant- with any significant changes in context and send to line manager for approval;
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Child Protection (CPP) and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility. This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring staff and associates are aware of and understand their responsibilities under these policies and Plan International’s Code of Conduct (CoC), their relevance to their area of work, and that concerns are reported and managed in accordance with the appropriate proceduresKey relationships