UNOPS , Amman, Jordan
Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Summary of key responsibilities:
- Improve teacher professionalism and local level decision making through advice to MOE and technical support to system strengthening
- Create a sustainable model for Learning Bridges enabling 1 million children attending Grade 4 to 9 to progress in their learning
- Revise the education offer in the Makani Centres to meet the needs of vulnerable in school children with a focus on core grade level learning objectives in basic literacy and numeracy
- Programme development, planning and monitoring
- Advocacy, networking and partnership building
- Innovation, knowledge management and capacity building
You may find more information at
- An advanced university degree (Master's Equivalent) in Education is required. A first university degree (Bachelor's equivalent) will be accepted in lieu of the Master´s degree with an additional 2 years of experience.
A minimum of seven (7) years of professional experience (or more depending on academic credentials) in programme planning, management, and/or research in education is required. or Bachelor's + 9 years of experience.
Relevant experience in a UN system agency or organization is considered as an asset.
Experience working in a developing country is considered as an asset.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of Arabic is considered as an asset.