World Learning, Eastern Visayas, Philippines
*Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (in English) to with World Learning – Election Specialist in the subject line.
World Learning is a leading international non-profit organization focused on creating a more peaceful and just world through education, development, and exchange. We are seeking an experienced Elections Specialist for an anticipated political participation and civic engagement activity in the Philippines. The Elections Specialist will be responsible for working with electoral stakeholders including civil society and government to improve voter education and voter engagement in the Philippines. The Elections Specialist should have past experience managing and implementing successful political participation programs as well as experience with holistic support to electoral processes in the Philippines or similar political contexts.
Recruitment is contingent upon successful award of the project. Interested candidates should send a cover letter and resume (in English) to with World Learning – Election Specialist in the subject line. Please include in the email body explaining your qualifications for the position. Only finalist candidates will be contacted. No telephone enquiries please. Interviews will be conducted on a rolling basis and qualified candidates should apply as soon as possible.
• Coordinate voter education and engagement activities that increase the awareness and understanding of Filipino citizens about the electoral process, their rights and their role as voters.
• Develop and implement program strategies, policies and procedures that are related to improving the ability of civil society organizations (CSOs) to support better informed and increased voter participation in the Philippines.
• In coordination with project leadership, guide election stakeholders on international standards and best practices on electoral issues.
• Design and conduct participatory workshops on specific electoral topics to local CSO partners and grantees and other stakeholders as necessary.
• Convene network of electoral stakeholders.
• Other responsibilities as assigned.
• A Bachelor’s degree in management, public administration, governance, civics, capacity development, political science, or related field. An advanced degree is preferred.
• A minimum five years of demonstrated experience working in the areas of political participation, voter education/engagement, including civil society-related training and facilitation.
• Demonstrated strong knowledge of election administration and operations in the Philippines.
• Demonstrated experience managing a coalition of partnerships and stakeholders.
• Preferred: Demonstrated knowledge of USG rules, regulations, policies and procedures.
• Demonstrated leadership, supervisory and organizational skills.
• A high level of interpersonal and communication skills.
• Preferred: Experience managing granting to civil society groups.
• Proficiency in written and oral Filipino and English required. Filipino Nationals preferred; and,
• Commitment to the principles of inclusive approaches to programming that encourages full participation of individuals regardless of gender, disability status, ethnicity, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or other marginalized status.
World Learning is an equal employment opportunity/affirmative action/veterans/ADA employer, committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce.